[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  Filter/Bars - Maybe extra window?

Filter/Bars - Maybe extra window?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Saphirra   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 09 Oct 2002 11:20 PM (UTC)
I'm attempting to configure MUSHclient to display four 'status bars' or even numbers, about some stats of my character in Achaea. The numbers can be accessed using the "score" command in-game, and I'm trying to set up status bars for HP, Mana, Willpower, and Endurance (EXP would be nice, but that's optional).

What I'd really like is a comparison between the current and max, updated whenever either I or the game does anything. Is this possible, or am I wishing for the moon? I'm a C++ programmer (boo, hiss, I know..) but don't have a clue about this.

Suggestions, anyone? ^_^
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 10 Oct 2002 02:53 AM (UTC)
Directly no.. There has been much discussion of these sorts of things and the general result has been, 'we don't want to add stuff that could bloat the client and only a few people use.'

However.. A suggestion I made in:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?bbsubject_id=1763&page=999999

does address this I think, I just don't have the skill to manage it and the only prefab methods of doing it are things like the core functions of IE or the like, which don't provide a simple way to say.. just display a picture without using an html document to host it. The irony here is that Visual Basic has a simple and perfect method called a form (not to be confused with the html version), which is essentially the main window for the program. Since all programs start with this form, you don't have to do all hte work needed to create the initial window.

The problem is you can't generate one as an ActiveX control, otherwise it would be perfect. :P One of these days I need to see if you can pass an object through COM and if so then it may still be possible. However I suspect it can't be done and a C++ ActiveX control that creates a true window and can load and add controls to that window will be what is needed to make it work. However.. This would be an external window and not something that can really be 'docked' in the client window unless it was bloatless enough to actually add to the client and unlike you I don't know C++. lol But being able to have it undocked or even undockable so you could place one outside the client window is very important for some uses as well.

One of these day maybe... But then there are about 4-5 ideas I keep telling myself that about. ;) lol
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

10,516 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]