[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Dawn of Time
. -> [Folder]  Administration
. . -> [Subject]  Room Editor
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

Room Editor

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Alistar   USA  (13 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 12 Oct 2002 10:03 PM (UTC)
I was trying to edit my room description through OLC and realized some of my editing commands do not work. Namely all but the @ exit command. Has anyone else had this problem? I typed .h for help and it put nw on the first line of my description. .c put a yellow c as well.

--Alistar
[Go to top] top

Posted by Kalahn   United Kingdom  (138 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sat 12 Oct 2002 10:53 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 12 Oct 2002 10:54 PM (UTC) by Kalahn

If you are using ZMUD, by default it interprets entry starting with a full stop (.) as speedwalk from memory.

The best solution is to replace ZMud with a real mud client like like mushclient ;)

If you insist on using the inferior piece of software we know ZMud to be, then you might want to try prefixing the commands with a ~ (so you have ~.s for show instead of just .s) or disable the speedwalk shortcut key.

Another alternative option for editing is to use dawnftp which you can download from the dawn of time website.

- Kal :)
http://www.dawnoftime.org/

Kalahn
Developer of the Dawn of Time codebase
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Sun 13 Oct 2002 02:20 AM (UTC)
Hehe. Well it looks like you've solved two problems with one post. Ok, out with ZMud and in with something else. Works out nicely because my thirty day trial ends in three days. :) Thanks!

--Alistar
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Sun 13 Oct 2002 03:49 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sun 13 Oct 2002 04:25 AM (UTC) by Alistar

Ok, so I switched over to MUSHclient, and you were right as usual Kalahn. Just one more question before I start running around creating. Do I have to do an areasave or something like it as in Smaug or is it saved automatically? Also, how do I make a 'somewhere' exit like in smaug? I have an overpass in my world and the exit from the east is up and from the west I want it to be stairs that you have to climb. Thanks in advance.

--Alistar
[Go to top] top

Posted by Astin   USA  (34 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Sun 13 Oct 2002 08:02 AM (UTC)
I’m 99.9 it autosaves but you can manually save it by typing asave. I’m not familiar with Smaug so I cannot answer that question to well so I am not going to try.

-- Astin

YIM: Astinof
AIM: Aerostatal
EMAIL: Astin@endlessdreams.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Sun 13 Oct 2002 11:38 AM (UTC)
The code automatically saves changes within 15minutes of a change being performed. It will also automatically save at the start of a shutdown/reboot or hotreboot.

You can also manually save area related work using 'asave .', manually save help edits with hsave etc. Most commands will tell you what command will automatically save.

- Kal

Note: there are a few editors which intentionally do not autosave - gameedit is one of these. To save these commands, when you type done to exit the editor it will tell you that you need to manually save. You do not need to manually save any of the common editors - helps, area editing etc.

Kalahn
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Sun 13 Oct 2002 06:51 PM (UTC)
Thats great. I didn't want what happened my first day creating rooms on Smaug to happen here. I kept wondering why all the guides said 'save your area!!!!!' Hm...maybe I should have saved my area? :) Anyways, is there a way to create a somewhere exit like stairs or doors?

--Alistar
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Sun 13 Oct 2002 07:32 PM (UTC)
You can put keywords on exits, but there isnt' an officially coded somewhere exit. You can do something like a portal where they use 'enter <keyword>', or a mobprog command trigger that does a transfer.

- Kal

Kalahn
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Sun 13 Oct 2002 09:51 PM (UTC)
Hmm...that mobprog idea would probably work out nicely. The overpass is supposed to hold a small contingent of guards that have a bird's eye view of the front gate of the city. So I could just have a guard mob stop people from coming and going while they check who they are and if they are wanted etc. Thanks again Kalahn!

--Alistar
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

7,246 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]