[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  Compiling the server
. . -> [Subject]  need alittle help with cygwin

need alittle help with cygwin

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by RileyMccoy   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 01 Dec 2002 04:44 AM (UTC)
Afew months ago i had a Mud up and running perfectly, thanks to Nick and this forum. Anyhow months later and several formats, i've decided to start again. So i download the latest Smaug and cygwin. Now last time i used cygwin, no problems. Now when it comes to using the make command i get jack happening. so i check everything and anything bash related and no make in the bin file.

Please please help you're my only hope

Lost and confused Aussie
[Go to top] top

Posted by RileyMccoy   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sun 01 Dec 2002 06:03 AM (UTC)

$ make
make smaug
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Default/smaug/dist/src'
gcc -c -O -g3 -Wall -Wuninitialized -DSMAUG act_comm.c
make[1]: *** [act_comm.o] Error 255
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Default/smaug/dist/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

any help or ideas
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Sun 01 Dec 2002 09:16 PM (UTC)
Error 255? Did you download the full Cygwin? It ought to work. It should at least give an English error message.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Vermea   USA  (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Sat 07 Dec 2002 10:02 PM (UTC)
I have the same error message. I did download the full cygwin, I checked everything and it all works. I get the same error with every mud source code I download. Maybe if you could give some advice to me, that would be great. Vermea@yahoo.com is my email address, so you can email me there, or reply here and I'll check periodicly. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

A confused aspiring coder
[Go to top] top

Posted by Vermea   USA  (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Sun 08 Dec 2002 12:48 AM (UTC)
I figured out the problem. You get that error when you do not have the GCC functions installed with cygwin. You need to run setup.exe and download the gcc components. Then try the makefile again, that should fix the problem.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

12,402 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]