[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  Swr 1.0 - Vnum Max Change for Swr

Swr 1.0 - Vnum Max Change for Swr

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Odis   (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 11 Dec 2002 02:09 AM (UTC)
Well, I know I just posted my only bug error but this one has gotten me thinking also. I've been trying to update my Swr codebase to 5 million vnums. While I have been able to get it so it can assign it, and you can "goto" it to create the room, when I look in zones, score, or the god/pfile it only writes it up to 19k. I've been looking on this one and I think its an error with vassign.
I changed
int r_lo, r_hi;
to
long int r_lo, r_hi;
But this hasn't fixed it. I don't really know if this is a problem writing the pfile, but when I check its still only at 19k. I tried looking at the SMAUG 2 bill room vnum snippet and I changed everything in my SWR that it said to in SMAUG, except SWR doesn't have all of the ones it told me to change so I'm still sort of stuck. When I use goto it can go up to 5 mill, but thats about it. So, if you can help please reply.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Cash   USA  (626 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sun 12 Jan 2003 11:52 AM (UTC)
Hmm. I think I've delt with this before also. If it is a problem writing the pfile then look in mud.h under struct pc_data. Look for r_range_lo, r_range_hi, and on down through the mobs and objects. Make sure the left side is changed to long or long int instead of the normal int and sh_int. If you didn't change those before then you need to now, and once you change them you should run a make clean and a make. You should have a load of warnings. Just go to the specific lines and put a l on front of the d for the variable (e.g. %ld instead of %d). Hope that helped.

~Nick Cash
http://www.nick-cash.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Odis   (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sun 12 Jan 2003 11:55 AM (UTC)
Thanks. You were right, there were a ton of warnings. I tried it out (even though I'm about to drop down on my keyboard because of the time) and it works. Thanks again for helping me, and at such an early hour its kind of odd we are both on...

Thanks again,
~Odis
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

8,387 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]