[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Mushclient question...

Mushclient question...

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Raksasas   USA  (3 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 13 Jan 2003 01:38 AM (UTC)
Does mushclient have buttons like zmud or something like it? i like alot of features that Zmud offers but it seem to be umm SLOW compared to mushclient
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 13 Jan 2003 02:02 AM (UTC)
You mean user-programmable buttons you click on to do things?

Not really, although it has an activity button bar which shows activity in up to 10 open worlds, and you can click on those to activate each one.

However you can use so-called macros to program the function keys, eg. press F5 to "kick kobold" or whatever. This is quicker than buttons anyway as you can hit them without taking your hand off the keyboard and picking up the mouse.

The other thing you can do is make aliases to make shorthands for things you want to do a lot.

Also the numeric keypad is programmable, it defaults to 8 for north, 2 for south, etc. but you can customise them to anything you want.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Mon 13 Jan 2003 02:13 AM (UTC)
I mean like a push, toggle, multistate, menu, and something like a guage, button. i know what macros are... and i can't seem to get the enable to disable groups thing to work world.enablegroup "groupname",1. it sends it to the mud
[Go to top] top

Posted by Guest1   USA  (256 posts)
Date Reply #3 on Mon 13 Jan 2003 06:55 AM (UTC)
your aliases will recognise any macro commands you send, so you can go ahead and set up an alias to call a groupenable script or whatever you want, and then have the macro button fire the command that the alias responds to..
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Mon 13 Jan 2003 09:34 PM (UTC)
For world.enablegroup to work you must enable scripting, and check the "script escape character", which defaults to "/". Then you must put that in front of what you type so it gets executed as a script and not sent to the MUD. eg.

/world.enablegroup "groupname",1

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Wed 15 Jan 2003 08:54 PM (UTC)
Scripting... umm never do it.. Zmud is so more user friendly and has more features.. but like i said it's slow... So far it looks like mushclient sucks on user friendly features. But i am willing to take some time to use it if i can somehow get some one on one help.. i'll even go play on the mud they play for a bit untill i get stuff figured out..
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

15,902 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]