[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Suggestions
. . -> [Subject]  ideas

ideas

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Simon   Sweden  (39 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 22 Jan 2003 11:46 AM (UTC)
Ok here's some more stuff I'd like to see:

Trigger/alias output not echoed in world but "what is typed" to be echoed.

A scripting function that can call an .exe file with arguments etc, this would really make this client more powerful and I don't think it really would affect the speed of it :)

- "Where do you live, Simon?"
- "I live in the sick and wounded, doc."
Session 9
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Wed 22 Jan 2003 10:08 PM (UTC)
You can do this indirectly if the program in question has an ActiveX interface, but in general the scripts are designed to be 'secure' from the system and not run programs that could damage things. The windows scripting host however provides for:

Dim oShell
Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject ("WSCript.shell")
oShell.run "cmd /K CD C:\ & Dir"
Set oShell = Nothing

However, I am not sure WSCript is available to mushclient (it may be a seperate component). In general allowing mushclient to have a 'run' command interface is considered a very bad idea and no direct support for it was every provided to any of the scripting languages (unless you where running a server and used WSCript).

Two solutions>
1. If the program is an ActiveX enabled one, you may be able to create an instance of it from in the script and it will close when mushclient does or the variable pointing to it is set to something other than its current contents, like in the example above. Programs like IE, Word, Excel, Paintshop Pro, etc. all support such a method.
2. Write your own ActiveX dll that executes the needed system calls to start up the program.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

8,210 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]