[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  VBscript
. . -> [Subject]  Plugin help

Plugin help

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by David B   USA  (80 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 05 Mar 2003 08:34 AM (UTC)
All righty I'm almost done with the majority of the scripts and stuff i'm doing for the mud I play, I was wondering how I would save them as plugins?

Also there are certain configs I prefer when I create a new world, I was wondering what the easiest way to create a generic world template is.

I have tried saving a generic world name, and basing everything off that, the problem with that is it doesn't save as the name i want, it still comes up as something else.

There must be an easier way to do this.

My code(with a LOT of Nicks help) to fame:

sub OnAutoCombo (TriggerName, TriggerLine, arrWildCards)
dim AutoCombo
AutoCombo = split (arrWildCards (1))
Dim i, attack
for i=lbound (AutoCombo ) to ubound (AutoCombo )
Select Case AutoCombo (i)
case "rp" attack = "punch right"
case "lp" attack = "punch left"
case "s" attack = "sweep"
case "r" attack = "roundhouse"
case else attack = "" ' unknown attack type
End Select
if i = ubound (AutoCombo ) then
world.send "throw " + world.getvariable ("attacker") + " down"
else
world.send attack + " " + world.GetVariable ("attacker")
end if
next
end sub
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 05 Mar 2003 10:55 PM (UTC)
I think there are some posts about using the Plugin creation wizard. See if you can find them.

Basically invoke the wizard, select or deselect as appropriate all the relevant triggers, aliases, timers, variables and pieces of script for the plugin, and then save it. This removes them from the world file. Repeat until all plugins are saved.

As for the generic world, first using a "standard" world and basing it off that should work. Alternatively, explore using the "include" directive inside your world file. See a plugin for example syntax.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

9,695 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]