[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  MUSHClient randomly closing..

MUSHClient randomly closing..

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by 99fender   (13 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 05 Apr 2003 06:53 PM (UTC)
I'm leaving my computer up all the time for MUSH.. And. sometimes, I'd leave it up .. And i'd come back and it's not there.. lol?

I've made sure 'prompt on wolrd close' is on so that it would ask me to close before it actually does.. But it's bypassing that.. Vanishing..

Help :/
[Go to top] top

Posted by Poromenos   Greece  (1,037 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sat 05 Apr 2003 07:56 PM (UTC)
Are you running Windows 98/ME by any chance?

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
http://porocrom.poromenos.org/ Read it!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Sat 05 Apr 2003 09:06 PM (UTC)
I have never heard of MUSHclient just disappearing. Maybe sometimes it crashes with the usual error message box.

Perhaps what is happening is that the PC is totally rebooting while you are not there, and when you come back it looks like MUSHclient has gone, but it is in fact a reboot. Or could you tell, because you would see the network login dialog box?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by 99fender   (13 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Sat 05 Apr 2003 10:27 PM (UTC)
It can't be reboot Nick, network login box comes up.

Poromenos i have ME.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Sun 06 Apr 2003 05:27 AM (UTC)
In extraordinarilly rare cases a program or something it uses can fail and cause a shutdown of that program, often without windows reporting it, any error message being shown or, all too often' necessarilly releasing the memory it used. This has happened to me a few times under 98. Fixing it usually means fixing whatever caused the original problem, but since you get no error message, it usually ends up being a case of the system inexplicable fixing itself.

Note that this may be related to something that plaques me, where my internet connection will die on me for no reason after a more or less random period of time, also without any warning or error message. Sadly, the best I can say is 'it happens.' Why, I have no idea.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Poromenos   Greece  (1,037 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Mon 07 Apr 2003 12:38 AM (UTC)
OK, just start the windows Resource Meter (rsrcmtr.exe). You can install it from the CD if it's not already installed. If i'm right, you'll see a message saying that all your PC's resources are being used when you come back to your PC.

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
http://porocrom.poromenos.org/ Read it!
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

17,002 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]