[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  HTML logging??
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

HTML logging??

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1 2  

Posted by Tillfallig   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 14 May 2003 04:44 PM (UTC)
Hi I use MUSHclient 3.04 and I am wondering can you log in color?
and is there a way to log directly to html?
// Tillfallig
[Go to top] top

Posted by Poromenos   Greece  (1,037 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Wed 14 May 2003 06:16 PM (UTC)

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
http://porocrom.poromenos.org/ Read it!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,677 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Thu 15 May 2003 12:48 AM (UTC)
Once you have upgraded to a recent version (eg. 3.42) go to the logging configuration dialog and check the HTML box.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Jkoster   USA  (8 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Wed 29 Oct 2003 08:41 PM (UTC)
The game I play uses color strings for names, and often uses multiple colors per name, so that my character Davin appears as:

<font color="#999999">D<font color="#FF0000">a<font color="#FFFF00">v</font>i</font>n</font>

What I wonder is if there is a way to have MUSHClient send these colors to the log, rather than me having to apply them later when editing the log.

Any ideas?

J

[j]
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,677 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Wed 29 Oct 2003 09:56 PM (UTC)
You don't see those tags on the screen do you? If so, something is wrong. However to log the colours, either use HTML logging, or look for the ANSI log plugin from the plugins area.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Jkoster   USA  (8 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Thu 30 Oct 2003 01:02 AM (UTC)
I'm not seeing them on the screen, but when I try the ansi log it gives me somethink like:

Centipede

Should I take out the Ansi log and try it?

J

[j]
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Sun 02 Nov 2003 08:12 PM (UTC)
The ANSI log is supposed to save the ANSI codes which sounds like it is doing.

The HTML log save the HTML codes, which you can use to make a web page that looks like the original. There is no direct way of simply making a colour log.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #7 on Mon 03 Nov 2003 12:49 AM (UTC)
You can always log to an .html file (or change the extension later) and then have the log add the standard html pre/post amble (theres a button on the log page).

Then youd open it in IE/Netscape/webbrowser and itd show up like colored text.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Raveness   USA  (6 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #8 on Mon 03 Nov 2003 01:01 AM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 03 Nov 2003 02:03 AM (UTC) by Raveness

I am having a peculiar problem. From my world window I can click edit and select all and then right click on the highlighted text and choose the copy as HTML option. Then paste it into an regular text editor and manually change the file extention to HTML and see highlighted backgrounds. Even backgrounds with black spaces. However, when using the logging in html option it does not pick up any background colors whatsoever. I've tried fiddling around with the settings to see if I could do it but to no avail. I wanted to make a pretty log of my MUSH showing off all the nice ansi art and what have you.

Copying it by hand appears to place in it some code that looks like this: <span style="color: #C0C0C0; background: #20B2AA"> blah blah blah </span>. This apparently maintains the background color of the log.

Raveness@MUSH/Buffy@ST:L
[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #9 on Mon 03 Nov 2003 02:03 AM (UTC)
Logging uses the <pre> tag, for preformatted text, that is why the spaces arent converted.

The background I believe would be formatted within the header, it is in mine. Do you have the 'standard html header/footer' in your logging options?

That is also where the preformatted tag is.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Raveness   USA  (6 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #10 on Mon 03 Nov 2003 02:10 AM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 03 Nov 2003 02:15 AM (UTC) by Raveness

Yes I did use the standard preformatted prefix etc..

For an example of the problem see:
http://www.geocities.com/kamirah_adkins/Log.html
This log was taken using the logging option on the game.

http://www.geocities.com/kamirah_adkins/Log2.html
While this one was taken by selecting all that same text, then right clicking on it and selecting 'Copy as HTML'. Then pasting it into MUSHClient's text editor and saving it as Log2.html.

Raveness@MUSH/Buffy@ST:L
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #11 on Tue 04 Nov 2003 03:51 AM (UTC)
My immediate reaction when I saw your example pages was that the two different pieces of HTML must have been done by different code in MUSHclient, otherwise why the difference? That turns out to be the case. :)

Further investigation reveals that the "log to disk" option does not even attempt to do the <span> blah </span> code which is why your disk log does not have background colours. Why not, I can't say, except that when I added the background colour in "copy to clipboard as HTML" I did not also add it to the normal logging.

As for why the colour is there, do you have "bleed background colour to edge" option set in global preferences?

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #12 on Tue 04 Nov 2003 03:52 AM (UTC)
As a workaround if you used an editor that let you find-and-replace variable strings you could find instances of <span blah> and </span> and replace them both by an empty string.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,783 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #13 on Tue 04 Nov 2003 04:56 PM (UTC)
That that suggestion is backwards Nick. He needs to insert spans into the code to make the ANSI art work, not remove them. ;) Though adding them in manually is impractical at best.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #14 on Tue 04 Nov 2003 08:23 PM (UTC)
If you look at his example pages, the layout is OK, but the colour is bleeding wrongly. This is caused by the <span> tags not the lack of them.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

11,690 views.

This is page 1, subject is 2 pages long: 1 2  [Next page]

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]