[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  VBscript
. . -> [Subject]  include VBscript files not getting called

include VBscript files not getting called

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by El_cerrito   USA  (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 13 Jun 2003 05:48 AM (UTC)
I included my aliases and trigs with includes statements and everything loads fine and mostly runs good. But none of my alias/trig calls to scripts seems to return anything? Is there some trick to including the .vbs file? I have the variable
script_filename="C:\MudName\scripts_MudName.vbs"

set and pointing in the right place. And when I open the script editor the scripts are there but none of the calls go through.

Any advice?

Tom

PS. When I had the aliases/trigs loaded in the world files the calls to scripts worked.

PPS. I am not getting any errors on the world file load.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Fri 13 Jun 2003 06:03 AM (UTC)
Looking at your PS I'm not sure what you are doing.

Are the aliases in a plugin or the main world? Is scripting enabled?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by El_cerrito   USA  (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Fri 13 Jun 2003 02:32 PM (UTC)
oh flying monkey fargle, Nick, you are right I don't have scripts enabled after I remade all of the separate character 'world' files.

Would it be possible to <include> the various common world variables/constants in my numerous character world files? That way I could avoid the problem above by <including> my most common world settings across all of my chars. Sorry for the bumbleheadedness, I thought I set that value in the world files already.

Whoops, thanks again,

Tom
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Fri 13 Jun 2003 10:33 PM (UTC)

Amended on Tue 20 Nov 2007 04:17 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

This has worked for me, doing something like this:

Your main world file would contain the things specific to that world, and include the rest, like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE muclient>
<muclient>

<!-- settings for this world -->

<world

name="SMAUG"
   port="4000"
   site="smaug.org"
   > <!-- end of general world attributes -->

</world>

<!-- standard settings -->

<include name="C:\MUSHclient\worlds\include.xml" />

</muclient>

The include file mentioned above would then have the other "standard" stuff, like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE muclient>
<muclient>
<world
   player="Nick_Gammon"
   script_editor="notepad"
   script_language="VBscript"
   script_prefix="/"
   enable_scripts="y"
   wrap="y"
   wrap_column="80"
   write_world_name_to_log="y"
   > <!-- end of general world attributes -->

</world>
</muclient>

I have only used a subset here to save space, but that is the general idea. It may not work perfectly for macros, triggers, etc. but for the main world settings, like scripting enabled, it should work.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

11,248 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]