[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Python
. . -> [Subject]  How can i use the Python scripts in MUSH?

How can i use the Python scripts in MUSH?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by JAN   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 10 Aug 2003 01:11 PM (UTC)
I have downloaded the ActivePython binaries, but i do not know how to implement it in MUSH. And the second problem is, where is the documentation for it. I mean the MUSH objects and so on...
Thanx For Help Cidar
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sun 10 Aug 2003 07:44 PM (UTC)
If installed correctly, then it should automatically be accessible from Mushclient, same as VBScript, Javascript and PerlScript. All you have to do is tell Mushclient that you want it to use Python instead (or just use it in a plugin, which may be better if you are already using scripts in something else, but don't want to recode all of them). As for the built Mushclient commands, they will look like those used in the other languages, since they are independant of the Python system. The only difference is 'how' they are used. It will likely be identical or very similar to the ones used in VBScript. The only thing that may be different is stuff like:

setvariable "name", "value"

Which 'may' require this instead:

setvariable ("name", "value")

I haven't specifically tried coding anything in Python that uses Mushclient commands, so I am not 100% sure which of the above is correct, but as I said, it is going to be one or the other for those types of commands. Others, like getvariable already require the use of () even in VBScript.

Its basically just install, then use. Nothing really complicated about it. However... You might consider creating a desktop folder or using the quick launch tray to store a link to the following file, which contain the actual docs for Python:

Python Manuals - Python22\Doc\index.html

There is also one called Modual Docs, but I am not sure if that is for the main Python or one of the extentions I added on my own system like wxPython. However, it appears to simply be an alternate way to access the existing manuals.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Sun 10 Aug 2003 11:27 PM (UTC)

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by WillFa   USA  (525 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Tue 12 Aug 2003 02:54 AM (UTC)

C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

14,455 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]