[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Programming
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  exporting Penn data to Mysql

exporting Penn data to Mysql

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Grungies1138   (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 05 Dec 2003 05:49 PM (UTC)
Hello all. I am wondering if it is possible to export or convert some of the Database in Penn to MySQL? basically I would like to have a realtime user authentication list for a website that a MUSH player can log on using their MUSH log in and access certain pages and information pertinent to their faction and so forth. Do you guys know if it's even possible? please email me if you know. thanks.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 08 Dec 2003 06:26 AM (UTC)
Anything is possible, I suppose. The database format in PennMUSH is fairly straightforward, you could conceivably make it mySQL, however I don't see how that answers your problem.

Maybe have a background thing that every 10 minutes or so saves player information to a mySQL database, and query that for the authentication you require.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Tue 16 Dec 2003 05:03 AM (UTC)
What I'm looking for is something that is similar to a TinyMUSH function. It allows you to write a SQL statement to INSERT into a databse. I suck at C++ so I was wondering if there was anything already coded that might accomplish this.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Thu 18 Dec 2003 06:21 AM (UTC)

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Sun 04 Jan 2004 05:10 AM (UTC)
I found this while looking for something else. Check it out. If there is anyway I would love a compiled version with this patch installed. I think I could do some very interesting things with it.

http://ftp.pennmush.org/Source/contrib/PennMySQL.177p25
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

12,198 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]