[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  Running the server
. . -> [Subject]  Redit desc ??

Redit desc ??

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Robert Powell   Australia  (367 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 02 Feb 2004 01:55 AM (UTC)
Does anyone know of a fix for the smaug line editor, whenever i redit desc it goes into the editor then when you issue a command like "/s" for it to save and exit all it does is say "Such script does not exist!"

Just a guy having a bit of fun. Nothing more, nothing less, I do not need I WIN to feel validated.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 02 Feb 2004 04:28 AM (UTC)
Are you sure the client isn't doing that?

The default scripting prefix in MUSHclient is "/" so when you enter "/s" MUSHclient picks it up, and then would complain that "s" isn't a valid script.

Try changing the script prefix in MUSHclient to something else.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Samson   USA  (683 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 02 Feb 2004 12:08 PM (UTC)
I run into this with SimpleMU as well, the solution is to just type //s in that. Not sure if MushClient has a similar escape sequence.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Mon 02 Feb 2004 08:08 PM (UTC)
No it hasn't, however the "enter a script on the command line" sequence is itself customisable.

For instance, you could make the sequence for typing in a script command "//" (thus reversing what you do Samson).

However you can make it anything you don't normally type into the MUD, eg. "*" or "script:".

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Robert Powell   Australia  (367 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Tue 03 Feb 2004 05:29 AM (UTC)

Amended on Tue 03 Feb 2004 05:49 AM (UTC) by Robert Powell

HEHE im using Kmuddy, and i worked out that it was the client that was causing the problem, I looked in the menu's and turned of the scripting and it all works nice again. What a dill, I should know better, thanks all for the responces.

Nick if only you had linux versions of areaedit and mushclient, then i would be yours, tho when i get this server to the point where i can host it, and thats not far away almost finnished most of the code additions that i want, i will again return to the world of windos. Have you ever thought of expanding into hosting as well, would be nice to pay for hosting in aussie dollars even tho the exchange rate is currently looking good.

Just a guy having a bit of fun. Nothing more, nothing less, I do not need I WIN to feel validated.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

12,331 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]