[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  ANSI runs

ANSI runs

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Penta   (3 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 21 Aug 2001 01:29 AM (UTC)
In 3.04 (Tho haven't seen note of a correction in later versions), the last bit of background ANSI will ALWAYS run to the end of the line, and then on until the client sees text again, and sometimes even when it does. Quite annoying, when the BG ansi is something like blue or green with black text.

Since I do a lot of time lugging my systems with MUSHClient around (especially laptops) and since I also am going to soon start to help kids that are blind or have other disabilities (incl. epilepsy) learn MUSHing, computers, and the net, this could be...bad.

Sideways question: Does MUSHClient support JAWS? (http://www.hj.com/JAWS/JAWS.html)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Tue 21 Aug 2001 04:43 AM (UTC)
The problem with colours bleeding to the edge can be corrected under Global Preferences.

Go to File -> Global Preferences -> General and uncheck "bleed background colour to edge".

As for JAWS, I hadn't heard of it before, but it sounds like it might have a COM interface.

In that case you might be able to write a simple script that interfaces with it. For example a trigger matching on "*" (ie. everything) could then send the trigger text to the text-to-speech converter.

There is also a note under MUSHclient bug/suggestion number #321 which might help too.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

10,350 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]