[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  More Health Bar help needed...
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

More Health Bar help needed...

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Tatewaki2365   (34 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 25 Nov 2004 05:26 PM (UTC)
Now, as it stands, the health bar is great for personal use. However, when I'm using it, I can't see the normal health bar for anyone in my group; it looks like this:

[name]: [===|===|===|===]

This is needed for certain times, as there are more then a few classes that are able to heal, or when groupmates need to know when to run, or to rescue their groupmates.

So, is it possible to only have that appear when it isn't MY name that shows up on the standard bar (As shown above)? What I was thinking is perhaps there might be a way I could have that bar show as well as the new health bar, but whenever it locks onto my name (Which would have to be specified I would guess), it would just erase that whole line. But when it has someone elses name there instead of my characters name, it will keep it there.

Thanks.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,478 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Thu 25 Nov 2004 06:40 PM (UTC)
All that is possible, one way or another. Do you know your friends' health from the MUD output? If not, you can use the chat system to send messages to each other. There is an example of doing that in the chat documentation.

Basically you use chat to send a custom chat message number to your group, which they can then detect and update their status bars.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Thu 25 Nov 2004 08:54 PM (UTC)
Well, after an intense session of installing plugins I may never use, and examining the help files for them - including the chat which I believe you were referring to... I came up with nothing. Call me simple, but... I have no idea what you're talking about. I think you need to lose a few IQ points, then come and talk to me...
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,478 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Thu 25 Nov 2004 11:51 PM (UTC)
There are people here who would like to help you, but we need more information to give a better answer.

If you said how you know your own health (eg. example output), and how you know your friends' health (more example output) we can reply more specifically.

Most stuff can be done one way or another, but since output from MUD to MUD varies greatly, it is unlikely simply installing a plugin will totally solve your problem.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Fri 26 Nov 2004 12:45 AM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 26 Nov 2004 12:47 AM (UTC) by Tatewaki2365

If I understand correctly, this may be what you need... I suppose...

Your health is indicated the same way that your groupmates health is indicated; the bar. So, full health:
[name]: [===|===|===|===]

[name]: [===|===|=--|---] <---- Getting closer to death

And so on. That's seen for you when you're battling against someone else, and when you're in a group; in the latter case, you see the groupmates health whose taking the damage (Leading the battle).

Now, if I worded it wrong in the first place, I'll try again;
What I was thinking is when I'm in battle by myself, and it captures this:
MYcharacter: [===|===|=--|---]

It won't show the bar. But if it captures this:
Poorguyleadingthebattlethat'sinmygroup: [===|===|=--|---]
It WILL show the bar.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Fri 26 Nov 2004 02:57 AM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 26 Nov 2004 03:00 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

In that case, it seems rather simple. You want to capture something like:

Nick: [===|===|=--|---]

and show it on the status line, but not:

Tatewaki: [===|===|=--|---]

This trigger below should do it, you don't need any scripting.

Just copy and paste into your trigger list.

See this post if you don't know how to do that:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?bbsubject_id=4777

<triggers>
  <trigger
   custom_colour="1"
   enabled="y"
   match="^(?!Tatewaki)(.+): \[[=-]{3}\|[=-]{3}\|[=-]{3}\|[=-]{3}\]"
   regexp="y"
   send_to="3"
   sequence="100"
  >
  <send>%0</send>
  </trigger>
</triggers>

What this does is match on:

Name: [===|===|=--|---]

However excepting the name Tatewaki (just change that bit in the trigger to be what you want).

The other convoluted stuff is matching on groups of = or - in lots of 3. You could probably simplify that a bit if you wanted.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

4,204 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]