[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  Extended Bitvectors
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

Extended Bitvectors

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Colton   (44 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 03 May 2006 09:34 PM (UTC)
The codebase I was using didn't come with the extended bitvector stuff included so I went and added it all and it seemed to work well. I decided to use languages to test it and these were the errors I recieved:
Quote:

act_comm.c: In function `knows_language':
act_comm.c:2457: error: request for member `bits' in something not a structure o
r union
act_comm.c:2461: error: request for member `bits' in something not a structure o
r union
act_comm.c:2462: error: request for member `bits' in something not a structure o
r union
act_comm.c: In function `do_languages':
act_comm.c:2663: error: request for member `bits' in something not a structure o
r union
make[1]: *** [o/act_comm.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I went through mud.h to double check everything was in the correct spot, I had the struct with the other structs, the struct was defined. And I had all the xIS_SET and other functions along those lines as well as the ext_is_empty et cetera. I added all of these functions to misc.c as shown in stock smaug but the I couldn't get the errors to go away. Also, bits is in the structure... (was the first thing I thought of when I saw the error)... and yes I did change all of the IS_SET to xIS_SET et cetera for languages. Thanks, Colton.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Wed 03 May 2006 09:43 PM (UTC)

Here's a tutorial:
http://www.auricmud.com/snippets/roomflags.html

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Wed 03 May 2006 09:49 PM (UTC)
I wasn't thinking so much that I redid languages incorrectly but that I may have not compleatly added the extended bitvector code properly, I'll try tutorial and see if I still recive errors on that one.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Thu 04 May 2006 12:50 AM (UTC)
It seems to work fine this way so I soupose I am overlooking something... -however- in reset.c there is the line (int) plc = &pRoomIndex->room_flags; and I'm not quite sure what this should be in order to make it work properly.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Thu 04 May 2006 01:06 AM (UTC)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

2,782 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]