[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Mush OOC chatter control

Mush OOC chatter control

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Nistule   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 26 Jun 2007 10:01 PM (UTC)
I would like to filter out the OOC and channel chatter that goes on in a mush. Ideally I would have all the channel chatter and OOC chatter sent to a separate window while the rest of what goes on happens in the main Mu window. Is this possible? If so how would I go about it?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Tue 26 Jun 2007 10:12 PM (UTC)
See http://mushclient.com/faq - point 23.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Tsunami   USA  (204 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Wed 27 Jun 2007 01:33 PM (UTC)
If you want a stand-alone, always-on-top window, I've written a small Java app, along with a MUSHclient plugin for this purpose. A screenshot of what it looks like is at:

http://tsunami.gautama.googlepages.com/screenshot.jpg/screenshot-full.jpg
[Go to top] top

Posted by Cage_fire_2000   USA  (119 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Fri 29 Jun 2007 01:17 AM (UTC)
OK, since when does MUSHclient have tabs for different windows? Must be 4.12 because I have 4.08 and I don't see any option for that. And how the heck do you like a Java App to MUSHclient? I know how to link an ActiveX, but I'm not sure about java.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Fri 29 Jun 2007 01:40 AM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 29 Jun 2007 01:42 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

OK, since when does MUSHclient have tabs for different windows?

It's been there for a while. File menu -> Global Preferences -> General -> Window Tabs -> Top (option to the right of "Word delimiters").

It requires you to restart the client to take effect.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Cage_fire_2000   USA  (119 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Fri 29 Jun 2007 02:17 AM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 29 Jun 2007 02:19 AM (UTC) by Cage_fire_2000

Awesome, I must've missed that option. Holy cow, it's been around since 3.60, how did I miss that? Must've been because it was kinda out of the way in the corner where I didn't notice it.

Maybe it should be moved to the left of the tab completion frame where it'd be more noticable? Just a thought.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shaun Biggs   USA  (644 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #6 on Fri 29 Jun 2007 11:03 AM (UTC)
Tsunami: Any way I can get a hold of that java program you made and the plugin so I can see how to access it correctly? That looks quite useful.

It is much easier to fight for one's ideals than to live up to them.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Tsunami   USA  (204 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #7 on Mon 02 Jul 2007 06:18 AM (UTC)
I sent you an email Shaun, reply if I have the right address :P
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

23,161 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]