[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Rubyscript

Rubyscript

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Raiannon   (8 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 06 Feb 2008 03:36 AM (UTC)
I have been having an error, and searching the forums I've tried every suggested fix. This started a few days ago, after I'd been successfully using mush with no errors.

finding CLSID of scripting language "RubyScript"
World: Legend
Error -2147221005 occurred when finding CLSID of scripting language "RubyScript":

Invalid class string

I installed Rubyscript from the website given in another post. It didn't fix it. I read that there are some problems with Windows XP registering Rubyscript, and the solution is a reboot. So I rebooted, still didn't fix it. I reinstalled Mush, with the same problem. Any advice?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 06 Feb 2008 04:27 AM (UTC)
Ruby was one of those script engines that never seemed to work fabulously well. I put in support because it was wanted, however it is up to the Ruby people to make a script engine, and installer, that actually registers it the same way as the other script engines.

See: http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?id=7857

There seem to be different versions, all I can suggest is try some of them. ActiveRuby? GRscript? Rscript? I just don't know, sorry.

It is possible that finding the ruby script DLL, and then opening a command (DOS) window, and typing:

regsvr32 rubyscript.dll

will help (or whatever the file name is that you find).

Meanwhile, can I put in a plug for Lua? That comes with MUSHclient and definitely works. :)

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Wed 06 Feb 2008 11:24 PM (UTC)
I don't really care what language it uses. I don't bother with actual scripting, I learned the languages but don't have the patience for using them. Instead, I use the built in features - triggers, aliases, etc. This is the first time I've ever had problems with them. Is there a setting somewhere telling them to use rubyscript?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Thu 07 Feb 2008 12:56 AM (UTC)
Yes, in the Scripting configuration tab under world configuration. I don't know why you would select Ruby if you don't plan to use it. I would switch it back to Lua.

See:

http://www.mushclient.com/scripting

Near the top of that page you see where you select the script language.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Sat 09 Feb 2008 10:27 PM (UTC)
Yes, I found it, thank you. I'm not sure how it got set on Rubyscript. It was rather random. But I'm back on lua. :)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

14,148 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]