[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  why mushclient 4.81 block the output message? lost package??

why mushclient 4.81 block the output message? lost package??

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1  2 

Posted by Andos   (15 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #15 on Wed 02 May 2012 12:37 PM (UTC)

mcclient?

You may refer to http://www.sined.co.uk/sined/general/mccp.htm for detail
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #16 on Wed 02 May 2012 11:43 PM (UTC)
Interesting. Are you saying that the problem happens if using MUSHclient's internal MCCP handling but does not happen if connecting through this other MCCP proxy program?

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #17 on Thu 03 May 2012 03:58 PM (UTC)

Interesting. Are you saying that the problem happens if using MUSHclient's internal MCCP handling but does not happen if connecting through this other MCCP proxy program?

MUSHClient's internal MCCP is not active because my mud does not support the MCCP.
Mcclient works well even when the MCCP is not supported by the server.
BTW, it hasn't happened since using mcclient.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #18 on Fri 04 May 2012 03:48 AM (UTC)
What's the point of using mcclient if there's no mccp?

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #19 on Fri 04 May 2012 06:02 AM (UTC)

What's the point of using mcclient if there's no mccp?

It just dispatch the message when there's no mccp.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #20 on Sat 05 May 2012 01:17 AM (UTC)
Then I don't think I can agree with your statement earlier
Quote:
Basically can eliminate network reason for the delay.

I don't think you can. It seems to me like you're describing a server that has delays sending messages sometimes and that circumstance only makes it look like mcclient works differently.

I guess I would try to use a program like WireShark to verify that the bits coming into mcclient are the same bits coming out of it and into MUSHclient. I see no reason why using it would alter MUSHclient's behavior if it's not doing anything.

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #21 on Mon 07 May 2012 12:35 AM (UTC)

Then I don't think I can agree with your statement earlier
Quote:
Basically can eliminate network reason for the delay.

I don't think you can. It seems to me like you're describing a server that has delays sending messages sometimes and that circumstance only makes it look like mcclient works differently.

I guess I would try to use a program like WireShark to verify that the bits coming into mcclient are the same bits coming out of it and into MUSHclient. I see no reason why using it would alter MUSHclient's behavior if it's not doing anything.

I don't exactly know whether is server delayed. But I realized the fact is that the other char in the same room could see the response when the blocking char do some action such as say hi.The blocking char can't see response when he send a command such as hi, and in the same time, another char in the same room can see the action.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #22 on Mon 07 May 2012 12:59 AM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 07 May 2012 01:00 AM (UTC) by Fiendish

Any time you send a command there are three data transfers.
1) From you to the server.
2) From the server back to you.
3) From the server to everyone else.

Since (2) and (3) are different activities in the server I don't see why one could not easily work even if the other is broken. Just as easily the situation could be reversed. What would you say if you sent a command and you saw the output immediately but someone else in the room did not see it for 30 seconds? You would say the other person is lagging or something, right? Or it could be a bug in the server or some other problem entirely. That is why I don't think you can automatically say that there is no network or server problem just because someone else saw your commands.

Now you say that mcclient does not do anything, just acts as passthrough, for this data. If it doesn't do anything, how can it make the problem go away?

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #23 on Mon 07 May 2012 05:38 AM (UTC)

Fiendish said:

What would you say if you sent a command and you saw the output immediately but someone else in the room did not see it for 30 seconds? You would say the other person is lagging or something, right? Or it could be a bug in the server or some other problem entirely. That is why I don't think you can automatically say that there is no network or server problem just because someone else saw your commands.

The two char is in my two world of the same mushclient process. So I guest that it's not caused by the network delay.
What I happened is that one char send command, but can't see the echo. Another char in the same room can see the echo. The two char are in the same muchclient process.

Fiendish said:

Now you say that mcclient does not do anything, just acts as passthrough, for this data. If it doesn't do anything, how can it make the problem go away?

Sorry, I mean that mcclient does not compress or decompress in my case. Mcclient may collect the data from server and send to mushclient line by line. and it means mushclient may has bug when recieve parts of lines, right?
It block the msg for a few munites, which is obviously out of the network delay time.

I hope that mushclient will be better and better. And it's a good chance to catch the bug.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #24 on Mon 07 May 2012 06:47 AM (UTC)

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #25 on Mon 07 May 2012 11:25 PM (UTC)

The two char is in my two world of the same mushclient process. So I guest that it's not caused by the network delay.
Ah, I see. I didn't realize that detail. I think it could still be a bug with the server sending differently to different players though. I'm not suggesting that this is true, just that still seems possible.

Andos said:

Sorry, I mean that mcclient does not compress or decompress in my case. Mcclient may collect the data from server and send to mushclient line by line. and it means mushclient may has bug when recieve parts of lines, right?

Yes, this is quite possible. I'm not really sure what happens with servers that send parts of lines.

Quote:
I hope that mushclient will be better and better. And it's a good chance to catch the bug.
I agree.

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

52,994 views.

This is page 2, subject is 2 pages long:  [Previous page]  1  2 

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]