[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Filter to Seperate Windows? (chat/tells/clans etc)

Filter to Seperate Windows? (chat/tells/clans etc)

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1  2 

Posted by Maxhrk   USA  (76 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #15 on Wed 18 Apr 2007 09:16 AM (UTC)
well there maybe be a way to mark it is by color if setup properly. but of course that depend on muds.. hmm.

just my two cent.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Toruk   (15 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #16 on Tue 22 Apr 2008 09:13 PM (UTC)
Hmm I know this is an OLD post but is it possible to have the new activity light light up the world number when you get a new tell.. that way if you miss the tell you can tell by looking at the world number because it would be red...
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #17 on Tue 22 Apr 2008 10:48 PM (UTC)
There is no current provision to do that. Perhaps play a beep sound when you get a chat? Or, update the status or info bar.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #18 on Thu 24 Apr 2008 02:39 PM (UTC)
Hrm unless im doing something wrong I couldnt get the beep to work. I was thinking maybe it's because the world is actually not connected. I'm just using 0.0.0.0 to connect..

I suppose If I could find a small server to run that would work.. Been wanting one anyways to test things.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #19 on Fri 25 Apr 2008 02:04 AM (UTC)
Sounds work even with a disconnected world. Can you paste your trigger here?

See http://mushclient.com/copying

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #20 on Sat 26 Apr 2008 08:19 PM (UTC)
Hmm wierd thing is it would work sometimes then sometimes it wouldn't But i just switched to linux and now I get this error any time I try to run the script

Run-time error
World: 4dimensions.org
Immediate execution
[string "Trigger: "]:4: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'ipairs'
[string "Trigger: "]:4: in main chunk

<triggers>
<trigger
enabled="y"
match="*You tell your clan,*"
send_to="12"
sequence="100"
>
<send>local w = GetWorld ("CHAT") -- get "CHAT" world

if w then -- if present
for _, v in ipairs (TriggerStyleRuns) do
w:ColourTell (RGBColourToName (v.textcolour),
RGBColourToName (v.backcolour),
v.text)
end -- for each style run
w:Note ("") -- wrap up line

end -- world found

</send>
</trigger>
</triggers>

and here was the sound trigger

<triggers>
<trigger
enabled="y"
match="*you tell your clan,*"
sequence="100"
sound="Z:\usr\lib\openoffice\share\gallery\sounds\apert.wav"
>
</trigger>
</triggers>

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #21 on Sat 26 Apr 2008 09:19 PM (UTC)

bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)

You are doing "send to script" (send_to="12") which does not support the TriggerStyleRuns table.

See the help for editing a trigger. This is available here, as well as from inside MUSHclient:

http://www.gammon.com.au/scripts/doc.php?dialog=IDD_EDIT_TRIGGER

Near the bottom of the page it says:

If you use "send to script (after omit)" then the style runs are also available from the global variable: TriggerStyleRuns.

(My emphasis). You need to change it from "send to script" to "send to script (after omit)".

It may have worked under Windows simply because you had another trigger that did a "send to script (after omit)" which would have established the global variable TriggerStyleRuns, which would still have "hung around" until the other trigger fired (although its contents would be wrong).

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Kresslack   (70 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #22 on Tue 29 Apr 2008 12:48 AM (UTC)
Does this filter window catch the word wrap? I've done a lot of similar experiments in zmud and it will work out, catching the tell and sending it to the appropriate window but it breaks off at the word wrap.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #23 on Tue 29 Apr 2008 01:18 AM (UTC)
The problem with the word wrap is that - if it is a "hard" wrap - the new line looks like, well, a new line to the client. Thus it isn't part of the trigger.

Check out this post:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=7991

A little way down the thread talks about capturing multi-line chats. See if that helps.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

62,304 views.

This is page 2, subject is 2 pages long:  [Previous page]  1  2 

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]