- If making a number of rooms, draw a map (on paper) so you don't get confused
about where each room and its exit is.
Descriptions, names, locks and messages
- Describe each room (use @desc).
- Make an appropriate name (use @name to change an object's name)
- Make exits to and from each room, as appropriate.
- Put locks on exits to enforce appropriate behaviour.
- Use lock messages (eg. @succ, @fail, @osucc, and @ofail) on locked exits.
- Set your exits CLOUDY if you want players to be able to see the contents
of the room that the exit leads to through the exit (if someone looks at the
- Set your exits DARK if you want to have hidden exits.
- Set your exits TRANSPARENT if you want to show where the exit leads to (if
someone looks at the exit)
Comments to Gammon Software support
Page updated on Wednesday, 15 December 2004