[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Area Editor
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Help with BigNumber

Help with BigNumber

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Matteo90   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 25 Sep 2014 08:59 AM (UTC)
Hi, my name is Matteo and i am using BigNumber library (version 3.0) in Arduino but i have a problem.
I have seen that if i want to do math operations with numbers with digits after decimal point there is an error.
I try to explain better: if i give to arduino 5.8*2.1 the result is 10 and not 12.18.
Instead if these numbers (5.8 and 2.1) are given from others math operations and then i do 5.8*2.1 the result is right (12.18). Why?
Is there a solution for my problem?
Matteo.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Thu 25 Sep 2014 10:35 AM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 25 Sep 2014 10:37 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

Template:Arduino Please post Arduino-related questions to the Arduino Forum or to StackExchange: Arduino. This saves splitting questions and answers between this forum and the Arduino ones.

Quote:

Is there a solution for my problem?

Yes. And when you post your question on the Arduino forum include your code.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

11,059 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]