[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  Learning mapper

Learning mapper

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Jaksynrender   (7 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 11 Mar 2023 04:04 PM (UTC)
I have been trying to use the learning mapper on my mud. I have tried with both my mortal and immortal(has room #s). this is an example

"
A Jagged Cliff
Wind whips around your body as you stand near the top of the cliff.
Particles from the rough cliff edge sting your face, making it difficult
to keep your eyes open. Squinting, you can just make out an island in
the middle of the straits below. Testing your footing, you see that you
could climb down to the water.
Obvious Exits: [east] [south]
"

a jagged cliff is in light grey and the actual exits are green but not Obvious exits:

i ran about 300 rooms highlighting and correcting the learning mapper and it still has trouble in areas that have the same room and and description. All i want to do now is copy the info and export it to excel so i can search the database like i should beable to with the mapper(i love it wish i could get it to capture correctly)

are there any existing plugins i have searched but unable to find them i just don't want to hightlight and copy past 30k+ rooms

any solutions or ideas
with my Imm the room name also list the room # but i have no idea how to train the mapper to use that as part of a room id.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,985 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 11 Mar 2023 09:20 PM (UTC)
There are notes about exporting the mapper data, or analyzing it, here:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=14607

You could use "set_uid" (documented on that page) to tell the mapper the room ID, thus bypassing your issue with duplicated room names/descriptions.

If you want to make the mapper useful for all players, make that room ID available to everyone.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

2,661 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]