[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Area Editor
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Error occured in file smaugconfig.dat at (line24) *#GENERAL*

Error occured in file smaugconfig.dat at (line24) *#GENERAL*

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Wrath   USA  (25 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 23 Jul 2004 08:06 AM (UTC)
I get this message everytime I start the AreaEditor I get Bad Section then Error occured in file smaugconfig.dat at (line24) *#GENERAL* three times then it lets me in. The only thing I changed in the smaugconfig.dat file was the MAXLEVEL I changed from 65 to 200 but now even if I change it back it still wont work right. Line 24 only has #GENERAL on it nothing else.

Any ideas of why it might be acting this way?

Always remember he who increses knowledge increses sorrow.
And he who thinks mudding is easy is allways sorry.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Fri 23 Jul 2004 10:31 PM (UTC)
That should be OK. Can you post the first 30 lines of that file? Make sure you have put it into the File -> Preferences -> Configuration box, and are not trying to open it as an area.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Wrath   USA  (25 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 26 Jul 2004 03:28 PM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 26 Jul 2004 03:31 PM (UTC) by Wrath

It works fine the changes to level took affect its just a wierd message.

here is the line.
* Area limits
* --------------------------------------------------------------

#GENERAL

maxlevel 200
maxvnum 2147483647
maxresetfreq 60
maxdescriptionlength 80

Thanks

Always remember he who increses knowledge increses sorrow.
And he who thinks mudding is easy is allways sorry.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Tue 27 Jul 2004 03:34 AM (UTC)
I can't reproduce that. Unless you have somehow corrupted the line with #GENERAL on it (eg. by adding a non-printable character or something) it should work OK.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

16,111 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]