[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Software Solutions forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Possible bug -- extra blank lines being output
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

Possible bug -- extra blank lines being output

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Linda   Sweden  (164 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 28 Mar 2002 03:45 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
The chance of this being a MUSHclient bug is probably fairly slim, but right now I am pursuing every option in trying to solve the following problem:

1) Some days ago, I upgraded our PennMUSH server to 1.7.5 p5 when the p5 patch came out.

2) The next day I noticed, which had never happened before, that occasionally (far from every time the command was used) certain globals end up with a chunkc of extra blank lines in the middle of the output.

3) Some discussion at M*U*S*H narrowed things down to very probably being caused by the table() function, as it was used in all the problematic globals, and the extra blank lines occured after a table() had been evaluated.

However, although table() was changed in p5, so far the developers have not been able to find anything on the server side of things that could be causing these extra blank lines. So, I figured I'd check here and see if anyone has any insight into the problem, if MUSHclient is perhaps dealing with the changes in a peculiar fashion. So far, it has only occured for people using MUSHclient, but since we're in development we only have a very limited number of players logging on, so that could be misguiding.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (19,614 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Fri 29 Mar 2002 05:26 AM (UTC)  quote  ]
There are some posts about blank lines being sent erroneously - a known bug - under certain circumstances, particularly with aliases.

The circumstances may not apply, however try searching for this issue - and look in the bugs list.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Linda   Sweden  (164 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Fri 29 Mar 2002 10:57 AM (UTC)  quote  ]
Okay, looks like it isn't MUSHclient at least, as we managed to reproduce it in SimpleMU. Must be a server-side change that they haven't been able to find then.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

2,758 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( http://www.gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Web site powered by FutureQuest.Net]