[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Error with mushclient database

Error with mushclient database

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Shou   USA  (30 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 18 Jun 2012 04:11 PM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 18 Jun 2012 04:12 PM (UTC) by Shou

Each time I open MUSHclient or close any window within it (aliases, triggers, settings) it opens up a list of errors about trying to write to a read-only database, like so:

SQL error on statement:
"UPDATE control SET value = '100' WHERE name = 'trigger list Col 0 Width'"
attempt to write a readonly database
SQL error on statement:
"UPDATE control SET value = '0' WHERE name = 'trigger list Col 0 Order'"
SQL error on statement:
"UPDATE control SET value = '40' WHERE name = 'trigger list Col 1 Width'"

The title of this window is 'SQL errors in global preferences'. Does anybody know what is wrong here?

My computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Worstje   Netherlands  (899 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Mon 18 Jun 2012 08:52 PM (UTC)
I guess MUSHclient does not have write permissions to wherever it stores its settings? Where did you install MUSHclient, and what version is it?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shou   USA  (30 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 18 Jun 2012 09:01 PM (UTC)
I am using MUSHclient version 4.73 and it is downloaded into my Program Files folder by default. This happened first when I tried to access it as an external hard drive, however, even after unplugging that and downloading MUSHclient again, it still does it.

My computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Worstje   Netherlands  (899 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Mon 18 Jun 2012 09:48 PM (UTC)
I generally install outside of Program Files. MUSHclient is a bit old and the limitations on Program Files in more recent Windows versions give it trouble. (At least it used to; don't know if Nick ever fixed those.)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Tue 19 Jun 2012 07:26 AM (UTC)
Install it somewhere else. Like My Documents.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

14,907 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]