[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Software Solutions forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Suggestions
. . -> [Subject]  A few suggestions.
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

A few suggestions.

[Reply to this subject]  Reply to this subject   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Amenti   USA  (8 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 23 May 2002 12:26 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
I recently downloaded the newest version of both SimpleMU and MUSHClient, just to see which had the nicest features. And there were a few nice things I noticed about SimpleMU, that I thought might make nice suggestions for MUSHClient(which is the client I went with), though I don't know how easy they would be to implement.

1: In addition to the taskbar, would it be possible to have the option to also have MUSHClient show activity via an icon in the system tray. And then a choice to minimize it to the system tray icon only?

2: Would it be possible to have a screen where you can view all of the events you have loaded on your default trigger list. Right now, the way I have to do it, is to use one world, set all of the triggers I want to be defaults, then tell all of the other worlds(after I save the triggers into a file) to override with default triggers. It would be much easier if we could have a screen that opened up, where we could look at all of the global(IE default for all worlds) triggers as well as triggers for specific worlds, and allow you to add triggers for your worlds from that screen.

3: Also, for the spellcheck option, two things:

a: A live spellcheck, that would work while you were typing, so you could see possible mistakes, rather than having to wait until it checks on send, or you hit the spellcheck button.

b: Instead of needing to go to dictionaries, every time you want to add a word to your dictionary, could we have options like...autocorrect? So that, say you were typing a letter, and you spelled michael, instead of Michael, you could change the spelling in the window that comes up for the spellchecker and select autocorrect to have it change the world all the time.

4: One of the nice features the other client has, is that it highlights emails and urls, and instead of having to cut and paste if you wanted to write an email, or visit the website, you can just click on the email address or url, and it automatically starts your default email, or opens the url in your browser.

Just a few things, and as I said, I don't know if they would be possible to implement, but they'd be nice features.

Thank you for all of the hard work you've done on MUSHClient.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (19,348 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Thu 23 May 2002 09:39 PM (UTC)  quote  ]

I have added your suggestions as suggestion #468.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Linda   Sweden  (164 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sat 23 Sep 2006 05:11 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
Really old topic, but I just wanted to ask if there's any chance of suggestion 3a and 3b being added to the program anytime soon? :)

Its becoming so common in a lot of applications with the live checking that having to right-click for the spell-check when in MUSHclient is feeling a lot more awkward now than it used to.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (19,348 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sat 23 Sep 2006 10:24 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
I was toying with the idea of moving to a different, open-source, spell checker, so possibly this could be implemented when that is done.

Otherwise, using the current proprietary one, I would probably have to upgrade to a more recent version, if such a version exists, and if it had such an option.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

3,085 views.

[Reply to this subject]  Reply to this subject   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( http://www.gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Internet Contents Rating Association (ICRA) - 2K]    [Web site powered by FutureQuest.Net]