[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Software Solutions forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Wrapping issues in 3.24?
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

Wrapping issues in 3.24?

[Reply to this subject]  Reply to this subject   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Linda   Sweden  (164 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 07 Aug 2002 08:40 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
One of my worlds has been behaving a little oddly after the last upgrade, as I am getting line-wrapping at the wrong place. I currently have it set to wrap at as late a point as possible (having used adjust width to window size, so it is a column 143), and I also have auto-wrap to window size checked. But sometimes it ends up wrapping at a much earlier stage than 143.

This works fine in other worlds, however, and the difference I can think of is that the troublesome world has pueblo/mxp enabled. They all use variable width fonts.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (19,188 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Fri 09 Aug 2002 01:28 AM (UTC)  quote  ]
MUSHclient wraps at the specified number of characters, regardless of font width (for one thing, it allocates memory for the exact number of bytes specified for that line).

Thus, a line with lots of "l" or "i" characters will be narrower than ones with "m" or "w" (in a variable-width font).

However this behaviour has not changed recently.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

2,530 views.

[Reply to this subject]  Reply to this subject   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( http://www.gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Internet Contents Rating Association (ICRA) - 2K]    [Web site powered by FutureQuest.Net]