[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Suggestions
. . -> [Subject]  Spell checker and the menu bar
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

Spell checker and the menu bar

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by hayseed   Australia  (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 23 Aug 2001 10:57 PM (UTC)  quote  ]

<snip>
I recently started using the spell check option and it's picking up on the code parts of stuff that I put in. Don't s'pose there'd be a way to put in an option to ignore words that are joined to @ or % symbols at all? Or actually, have a button on the menu bar thing that lets you spell check what ever you have in your input box instead of having it check it on send? It's a little annoying to have to tell the dictionary to ignore what's there everytime I put in a command abbreviation.
</snip>

Although another question is, who actually uses the spell check facility?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Linda   Sweden  (164 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 23 Aug 2001 11:16 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
The General tab under Global Preferences on the File menu has an 'Options' button which allows you to set various things not to check. Although, code specific symbols don't seem to be an option. Might help some, though, if you're not already using it.

You can also disable the spell checker entirely there, or disable it on send from the Input menu under Configure on the Game menu. That way you can use right-click when the text is in the input to only check when you want to do so.

That's how I use it, and I use it everytime I RP these days.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (19,671 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Fri 24 Aug 2001 01:16 AM (UTC)  quote  ]
The spell checker is a third-party add-on (hence the extra DLL) and is not easy to modify. Its default behaviour is to check the entire window it is presented with, or the selection.

To work around your problem you can:

• Turn off automatic spell checking and spell check manually when you want to - Ctrl+J
  • Gradually add the "command" words to the dictionary
  • Select the text you want to spell check (eg. click and drag) and then type Ctrl+J to have only the selection checked.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

3,188 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( http://www.gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Web site powered by FutureQuest.Net]