[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Trigger problems

Trigger problems

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by ScriptGuy   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 20 Nov 2001 05:39 AM (UTC)
I have a few small triggers enabling me to hide over and over for a skill.

Problem Im having is that the triggers seem to gag the trigger output lines for no reason that I can see.

If I want to manually put in my commands I will see this:

>hide

You fail in your attempt to hide!

OR

You slip into the shadows!

when I want to reveal myself I type:

>rev

You reveal yourself!

I set up three triggers for hiding so I dont need to touch anything.

My trigger for revealing will have one of the first two output lines from the world, my send box will have rev in it. I will click on the keep evaluating, regular expression and the repeat on same line boxes.

To hide, I use the 3rd output line ( You reveal yourself!) and put hide in the send box. I also check the same three boxes.

I just upgraded to 3.17 two days ago and didnt touch a thing with my triggers. Every single one seems to gag the output line, stopping the triggers from working correctly.

Ive deleted my triggers and put them back in hoping it would work, it doesnt.

Any suggestions?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,988 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Tue 20 Nov 2001 05:53 AM (UTC)
Can you enable scripting, and then type in:

/world.debug "triggers"

Then post the resulting output here (or if it is very length email it to me).

From what you describe the trigger should not "gag" the output line.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

7,926 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]