[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Unknown Error

Unknown Error

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Azoroth   (31 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 09 Jun 2008 02:57 PM (UTC)
Getting a grey window when accessing my MUSH world.

Window says: Unknown error when accessing (file location).

Tried loading it in Crimson editor, but getting the same error. Figured I'd probably have to restart from scratch or try to see if I can find my backup copy somewhere, but I figured I'd ask here to see if there's any other way I can access the file itself to see what's wrong and try to repair the XML formatting of the world (if that's what's wrong at all). Thanks!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,991 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 09 Jun 2008 09:47 PM (UTC)
When you say "gray window" do you mean a dialog box with an error message in it? Or is this relevant:

http://mushclient.com/faq point 44.

You should certainly be able to open the world file in Crimson Editor, as it is just a text file. The fact that you can't sounds like a serious disk error. You could try a disk repair. Right-click on your disk, get Properties, got to Tools, select Check Now under Error Checking (this is for XP, Vista will have something similar).

A while ago I got a similar message on the forum from someone who had lost months or work and had no backups. Unfortunately there is not much I can in those cases, if the disk crashes, or the file gets corrupted.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

9,088 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]