[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Software Solutions forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Dawn of Time
. -> [Folder]  Installing/compiling the server
. . -> [Subject]  Deities
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

Deities

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Ronald   (47 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 15 Feb 2002 01:23 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
setdeity command tells to do it only on class i tried but cant?so how do i create?no help on deity related files!
how do i kick noble out?if i create deity what happens?can a clan devote to deity?if someone devotes does he/she gain any benefit?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Kalahn   United Kingdom  (138 posts)  [Biography] bio   Moderator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 23 Feb 2002 02:45 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
setdeity command tells to do it only on class i tried but cant?so how do i create?no help on deity related files!

Yep, no helps on those.
setdeity is used to change which deity a player is using.
use 'dedit create <newdeityname>' to create deities.
Quote:
how do i kick noble out?

Use unnoble.
Quote:
if i create deity what happens?can a clan devote to deity?
if someone devotes does he/she gain any benefit?

In my opinion the deity system is incomplete, I didnt write it (Kerenos did). Players and a clan can do what they want in terms of deities, there is no hard coded thing which means if you join a clan you are devoted to a particular deity though.

- Kal

Kalahn
Developer of the Dawn of Time codebase
http://www.dawnoftime.org/
[Go to top] top

Posted by Kerenos   (8 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 25 Mar 2002 01:20 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
In my opinion the deity system is incomplete, I didnt write it (Kerenos did)...........

Look who's calling the kettle black here :) Yeah, the diety code is horribly incomplete. The functionality (ie editor) is there, just needs fleshing out. Basically it has been left open to interpretation. You can easily add stuff like spell restrictions based on diety or something like that, wouldn't take too much coding really.

Special K
[Go to top] top

Posted by Ronald   (47 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Thu 28 Mar 2002 03:17 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
emm.i guess u wrote the deity code.the prob is that i am not a good coder and worser than that i sont see myself a coder cause i cant do anything right now.i found some snippets of diku about tattoo and automatic questor but i dont know how to add them.i am new so is there any one to help pls?
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

2,265 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( http://www.gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Web site powered by FutureQuest.Net]