[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  Boot up bugs

Boot up bugs

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Dralnu   USA  (277 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 31 May 2005 11:55 PM (UTC)
This is some simplish stuff, but I don't know what would cause them.

BUG: fread_word:: EOF Encountered on read
BUG: load_race_file:: no match : Endy (with two dots above the y on End)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Wed 01 Jun 2005 01:33 AM (UTC)
Can you show me the whole file? It looks like either the file is corrupt or someone changed something in fwrite/fread incorrectly.

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Wed 01 Jun 2005 01:36 AM (UTC)
I don't know what files are having the problem. It doesn't seem to be affecting gameplay, but it might have caused a crash at some point
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Wed 01 Jun 2005 01:38 AM (UTC)
Well EOF on read seems to be a player file I believe.

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Wed 01 Jun 2005 01:44 AM (UTC)
I'll go into the code later and see if anything seems amiss. Right now I'm just going to concentrate on one thing and I'll post the stuff tomorrow
[Go to top] top

Posted by Kasji   (35 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Thu 02 Jun 2005 02:27 AM (UTC)
Typically the Endy means that somewhere in there your file reading function hasn't returned as it should have upon encountering the end of file keyword (varies from file to file, lists use $ generally, area files use #$, and others are #END and End), and this causes the file reading function to continue looping until it finally runs out of stream to read from.

When you file reading function encounters it's end of file keyword, it needs to then verify the data it's gathered from the file, and if any fields of data are missing, it needs to fill in the blanks with defaults and the return;
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Thu 02 Jun 2005 05:12 AM (UTC)
Gah, the Elf file has caused sooo many problems...

Anyways, turned out there wasn't another line after END in the Elf.race file. *stabs the person who screwed the file up*

Parse errors and typos are a real pain in the ass...
[Go to top] top

Posted by Kasji   (35 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #7 on Fri 03 Jun 2005 12:34 AM (UTC)
Ah that's a problem too, files need to have a spare line at the end :)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

18,201 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]