[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  Running the server
. . -> [Subject]  limbo.are and limbo.are2. im scared

limbo.are and limbo.are2. im scared

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by AlaricX   (23 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 15 Jun 2002 05:37 AM (UTC)
i have a stripped down limbo.are, and a full-featured limbo.are2, like. its missing the right object resets, its missing everyhting that it needs (limbo.are), but why is there limbo.are if theres the more full-featured limbo.are2? SMAUG 1.4a, Linux. I am confused. I want to add Limbo.are2 as Limbo.are, but i have created alot of objects in limbo.are as it is (like, i get null pRoomIndices, like Hell should be room 8, but in limbo.are it is 6, and the mpforce progs are off because the objects in room 6 are not where, but are in limbo.are2? what the hell is going on!? Nick, if you could help, please do. i need some explaining.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 15 Jun 2002 11:00 PM (UTC)
I think there is a bug in the code re Hell being in room 6 or 8. I can't remember which is the correct one, but I suggest checking the area file, and making the source agree with it, one way or another.

I haven't heard of the stripped down limbo.are file. It is hard to give exact fixes, but what I would do is this ...

Use the Area Editor on this site to check out missing links (you can load all areas by opening the area.lst file), and fix them up as required.

You can also move rooms from one file to another by opening the area file with a text editor and doing some judicious copying and pasting.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by AlaricX   (23 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sun 16 Jun 2002 12:50 AM (UTC)
Thats exactly what i did with gEdit (i also had to get Area Editor working with wine, because, alas, before i knew this, i had deleted Windows, works good in WINE), but i get errors on the area file, syntax errors and junk, but its working good now, thanks for the response anyway.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

9,852 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]