[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Forum software
. -> [Folder]  Administration
. . -> [Subject]  Closing a Subject Thread?

Closing a Subject Thread?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Kris   USA  (198 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 23 Jun 2003 04:24 AM (UTC)
I'm trying to close a subject thread on one of my forums. I tried editing the table for the subject, and found a 'closed' field. Out of sheer guess, I entered '1' into the field and saved the changes.

I went back to the subject thread, and next to the 'reply to subject' link was in black letters '(closed)'. So it seemed to have worked. But then I tried replying to it. Suffice it to say, it let me reply to it as if it wasn't closed at all.

Is there a way of setting it to 'closed' while having it do more than just put '(closed)' next to the reply link? Eg how would I get it to actually disallow new posts to the subject, or has something like that not been added in yet?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Samson   USA  (683 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Mon 23 Jun 2003 09:14 AM (UTC)
At a guess I'd say it's because you're the forum administrator and that allows you to override the closed setting. I've seen a few other forums who's software will let you do that. But Nick will obviously be able to answer best :)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Mon 23 Jun 2003 08:59 PM (UTC)
Samson is right, most of the restrictions in system can be overridden by the administrators and to a certain extent, section moderators.

You are best off setting up a "test" user who is not an administrator to test this sort of thing.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Kris   USA  (198 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Tue 24 Jun 2003 09:39 AM (UTC)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

16,585 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]