[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  Hotboot in SmaugFUSS 1.9 will NOT work for some reason.

Hotboot in SmaugFUSS 1.9 will NOT work for some reason.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Venrexx   (7 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 18 Aug 2008 06:59 AM (UTC)
Hey I got the newest version of SmaugFUSS and things were going well until I attempted to use hotboot.
When I do try to use the command I either get a message saying:
"The flow of time is halted momentarily as the world is reshaped!
MCCP Compression Disabled.
MCCP initiated.
Compression error encountered. Attempting to compensate.
ò(Í°§Ø¢Š!"

After that message I have to close the game and reopen it and nothing has changed... Other attempts would be similar but wouldnt show anything but the glitching:
"The flow of time is halted momentarily as the world is reshaped!
TŽ±®Â0 E÷'ño1?€Z
 #"

Never could get it to work, please help me with this because frankly it is quite irritating.
Thanks.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Mon 18 Aug 2008 01:40 PM (UTC)
I've heard about no problems with FUSS hotboot. Did you make any changes?

It may be better to post this on the SmaugFUSS forum.

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by David Haley   USA  (3,881 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 18 Aug 2008 04:35 PM (UTC)
What OS is this running on? Given the error -- a problem in the compression library apparently -- I'd follow-up on Zeno's question and ask you to examine carefully what you changed in the code.

David Haley aka Ksilyan
Head Programmer,
Legends of the Darkstone

http://david.the-haleys.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Mon 18 Aug 2008 07:32 PM (UTC)
Thats the thing, zeno was helping me work on a project that involved an older codebase I had worked on in the past. The ideas i had did not go through all that well so I started up a smaugfuss code on a dune.net (redhat) server and hotboot never did work for me ever since i got it.
[Go to top] top

Posted by David Haley   USA  (3,881 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Mon 18 Aug 2008 07:43 PM (UTC)
If you download a completely fresh copy of SmaugFUSS, do you still get the problem?

David Haley aka Ksilyan
Head Programmer,
Legends of the Darkstone

http://david.the-haleys.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Wed 20 Aug 2008 04:23 AM (UTC)
Yes that is when i started getting the error, started the mud and decided to test commands and hotboot wouldnt work from the start. If I cant get hotboot working im giving up on it, bad enough I have to start from scratch let alone that im a horrible coder lol
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

16,519 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]