[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Bootloader : Atmega2560 16au and Atmega2560 8au and extarnal crystal of 8Mhz.

Bootloader : Atmega2560 16au and Atmega2560 8au and extarnal crystal of 8Mhz.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Somnath   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 18 Oct 2015 11:48 AM (UTC)

First of all thanks alot for your contribution for us.

I have used your bootloader for Atmega2560 16au with 16Mhz external crystal and its works like a wonder.

But in my new project I have 3V power supply so I am planning to use low external crystal so that I can operate the Atemga with low frequency and so the voltage will be go as low as possible.

My first question:
I uploaded the bootloader using 8Mhz external crystal and it went sucessfully but I am not able to upload sketch.

so here is my question : Can i ran Atmega2560 16au with 8Mhz crystal and will it work at 3V ,without any risk?

My second question:
As i do not having Atmega2560 8au right now so i am not able to test. will your bootloader works with Atmega2560 8au and external 8Mhz crystal. or before burning bootloader I need to make any changes.

Sorry to ask you such a long query . But I have really spent lots of time looking at this and finally today a made a post every where.

Please respond me.

Thanks a lot. I will wait for your response.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sun 18 Oct 2015 01:47 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sun 18 Oct 2015 01:49 PM (UTC) by Meerclar

Per Nick's repeated and easily found request: Please post Arduino-related questions to the Arduino Forum or to StackExchange: Arduino. This saves splitting questions and answers between this forum and the Arduino ones.

Yes, I had issues copying the template this time

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Sun 18 Oct 2015 09:00 PM (UTC)
Template:Arduino Please post Arduino-related questions to the Arduino Forum or to StackExchange: Arduino. This saves splitting questions and answers between this forum and the Arduino ones.

Quote:

But I have really spent lots of time looking at this and finally today a made a post every where.

Cross-posting, huh?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sun 18 Oct 2015 09:01 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sun 18 Oct 2015 09:02 PM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

Yes, I had issues copying the template this time

The template, which should work for you, is:

[arduino]

If it doesn't please explain in what way.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Sun 18 Oct 2015 11:47 PM (UTC)
Yeah, it was a PEBCAK situation Nick. I really shouldn't be attempting to do anything that early in the day.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Mon 19 Oct 2015 05:02 AM (UTC)
I get those late in the day, so don't feel too bad about it. :)

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

17,282 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]