[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Jscript
. . -> [Subject]  (Another) problem with Thaeldon's scripts

(Another) problem with Thaeldon's scripts

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Kozan   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 20 Jul 2001 10:47 AM (UTC)
I have downloaded the valuer2, mobfaction and itemid scripts. I want to get them all to work, but don't know how. I can get just one of the scripts working at a time by choosing that file to be the script i use, and loading it, but if i choose one of the other files to be the script to load that, my old one doesnt work =(
e.g. I set scipt file to be itemid.jvs, and type /SetupID() and it works fine. But I also want the valuer2 to work, so i change script file from itemid.jvs to valuer2.jvs, and then my id script doesn't work.
I tried making one big file and copy/pasting all the scripts into this one file, but that didn't work either =(

Please can someone help me and enlighten me on exactly how to get all the scripts working.
Thanks
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (23,000 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 21 Jul 2001 02:21 AM (UTC)
You want one big file. The program only reads one script file at a time, so I would expect what you described to happen if you keep changing them.

Make one file, paste each script into it, and then make the big file your script file.

If that doesn't work, can you tell use in what way it doesn't? (ie. the error message).

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Kozan   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sat 21 Jul 2001 03:45 PM (UTC)
Previously, i had tried putting all the scripts in one big
file but it hadnt worked. The mistake i had made was i had
saved it as a .jvs file instead of a .js file.
Thanks for the help =)
Kozan
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

9,756 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]