[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Forum
. -> [Folder]  Problems
. . -> [Subject]  I2C endTransmission hang
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

I2C endTransmission hang

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Adwsail   USA  (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 18 May 2015 12:58 AM (UTC)
I have downloaded the I2C_Rev5.zip library and am trying to use it in your I2CScanDevices.ino but having no luck. My newbie attempts to substitute the I2C_Rev5 functions for the Wire functions is apparently over my head and after 14 hours reading, experimenting, rewiring, replacing parts etc I am no closer to scanning the I2C address of a PCF8574N set up with all address lines pulled low than when I started.

The idea was to use the PCF8574N to control a 16x2 LCD: (P0 to RS,P1 to RW, P2 to en, P4 to d4, P5 to d5, P6 to d6, P7 to d7.) But I cant even get that far. I was wanting to scan the PCF8574 to verify the address, I THINK it is 0x40, but none of the assorted versions of I2C scanners work. Inserting code to turn the Uno R3 onboard led on just before endTransmission works fine but turning off immediately after never happens. None of the connecting wires are over 7cm long, power and ground are good at 5.0vdc and 4.7k pullups are on the SDA and SCL lines.

Any ideas or perhaps a scanner sketch that has the I2C_Rev5 restart functions in it? Thankyou for your time.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,610 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 18 May 2015 03:15 AM (UTC)
Template:Arduino Please post Arduino-related questions to the Arduino Forum or to StackExchange: Arduino. This saves splitting questions and answers between this forum and the Arduino ones.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

2,360 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]