[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Copy/paste in tree controls highlights wrong entry

Copy/paste in tree controls highlights wrong entry

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Kahenraz   (75 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 21 Sep 2016 01:28 AM (UTC)
I reported this a while ago but just realized that I submitted it to the wrong board.

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=13779

Confirmed that it still occurs in 5.02.

An easy way to test is to create a new world. Make a trigger for "a", "b", "c" then highlight "b" and copy/paste. You will see that the tree view highlights "c" (the last edited entry) and not the copy of "b" as expected.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (23,000 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 21 Sep 2016 02:38 AM (UTC)

Amended on Wed 21 Sep 2016 02:39 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

When I tried it the first "b" remained selected. (That was the selection, and it still is).

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Wed 21 Sep 2016 02:43 AM (UTC)
I tested on Windows 10 x64 using the following 5.02 client:

http://www.gammon.com.au/files/mushclient/mushclient502.exe

This behavior also exists in the current 4.94 stable client.

Can you confirm on the stable and the 5.02 client I tested with? Maybe you're using a different version than I am?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (23,000 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Wed 21 Sep 2016 03:09 AM (UTC)

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Wed 21 Sep 2016 03:12 AM (UTC)

Amended on Wed 21 Sep 2016 03:40 AM (UTC) by Kahenraz

But is your build different than the one I linked?

This has been an ongoing issue for me in 4.94. Can you confirm if you have this issue in that version? I don't see why we should be getting different results.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Thu 22 Sep 2016 09:15 PM (UTC)
OK, I've worked it out. If you select "b", and then close the trigger list dialog, and then re-open it, and then copy and paste "b", the first "b" will be selected (it doesn't really matter which one, since they are identical).

The code to remember the current selection was not called when doing a paste, which is why some other item (previously selected when you closed the trigger list) was re-selected.

I don't think it is practical to select the new item because you can copy/paste multiple items (eg. from the list or from the forum) - and the tree view doesn't support multiple selections.

Re-selecting the last selected item is about as useful as I can make it without major changes.

https://github.com/nickgammon/mushclient/commit/a241059

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Thu 22 Sep 2016 09:23 PM (UTC)
That sounds fine. Since the thing you're pasting will be a copy of the original then leaving the original selected will be just as good.

Thanks for fixing this. It's been one of my biggest pet peeves for a while now.

When do you think that we'll be seeing a new build?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Thu 22 Sep 2016 09:57 PM (UTC)

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

19,100 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]