[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  VBscript
. . -> [Subject]  need someone to build me a huge script

need someone to build me a huge script

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Fujintheap   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 15 May 2004 07:29 PM (UTC)
i need some scripting help, on a mud that i play i use followers to help me gain levels. i have alias' defined on the mud for diagnosing their hps in word value, making them attack and assist each other and then i assist too..

the words used are:
Excellent, Few scratches, Small wounds, Quite a few wounds, Big nasty wounds, Pretty hurt, Awful

the place where i run, i spell them up with sanctuary and myself with grand sanctuary using another character, then i use more alias' on the mud to make them attack and assist each other, and i assist an bash twice.. and these mobs have wimpy.

i was wondering, if anyone could help me make a script which does the following:

lets me send a tell to my other character which will set off a trigger that will sanc my followers then grand me

displays my hp/mana/vit and if at all possible.. my other character too, and the word value of each of my followers in the info bar

then diagnoses my followers hp and uses my attack alias' based on which one has the highest word value.. then uses the corresponding alias

then when the mob flees, move in the same direction and diagnose it.. and if it isnt there then scan and look around for it, like.. i beat it down to pretty hurt which is when they usually flee.. and if it flees west, go west, diag mob, if its at the same condition as the one i just fought then bash it.. and keep doing this until its dead

then i could just walk around, and it would diagnose the mobs if i ran across them.. and repeat the checking my hp/mana/movement and my other char.. then checking my followers hp and continuing..

oh, and if it could check how long i have left on my sanctuary spellby using affect, so like.. if there was one tick left, send a tell to my cleric to sleep and i rest.. then when i see the wore off message.. have my cleric stand and me.. then my cleric recast spells

oh yeah.. there can be multiple of the mob in the same room and you do stuff to em.. like.. lets say if there was 3 to check the third one you'd do like:
look 3.mob

so like.. make it see if there is multiple an if so.. bash the 2.mob or 3.mob.. if hurt, then when it dies.. i get to walk around.. and if i see another mob of the same.. it would rediagnose my characters and my followers in percents on the info bar..

some info on the things are:

one type of them look like this in the room:
A quite wealthy looking citizen stands here waiting for his wife.
the other type looks like this in the room:
A citizen walks through here.

in battle it usually looks like this:
[ a citizen of the Ice City: (mob condition here) an avatar of Shaitan: (my follower condition here) ]

and sometimes they switch targets to me.. so it'd look like
[ a citizen of the Ice City: (mobs condition) Fujin: (my condition) ]

my alias to check their hp is: dav
my alias' to make them attack are: 1dem, 2dem, 3dem
and i have alias' to make me move and bash cit which are
nb,eb,sb,wb,ub,db

nb = north;bash cit
and so on

my diagnose alias is: l
so i just type l cit
to diagnose the first cit in the room

death message of the mobs look like this:
a citizen of the Ice City is dead! R.I.P.

dunno if you'd need anything else..
i would do this myself.. but i get frusterated when trying to use vbscripts.. if anyone would please help, that would be appriciated greatly, sorry about the long post.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sun 16 May 2004 07:30 AM (UTC)
Umm, wow thats a lot to tackle in one script.

Perhaps you should think about making it modular, a plugin for each main thing. Or something of the like.

We're all pretty helpful, we can help you work out difficulties you have coding and such, however, usually we're pretty reluctant to do huge things when someone just says "here, take this and do it, please". Well, not not nessisarily true, but we will need specifics about stuff, like... well, what everything looks like.

Oh, and MOST of the stuff you talk about has already been done, search these forums for it. Its fairly easy to adapt triggers and such to your needs.

Biggest thing you need to do is take things in bite sized chunks. And instead of simply having someone else do it, try it yourself first, It'd be much better for all of us if instead of simply handing you a fish, we teach you to fish.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

7,339 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]