[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Suggestions
. . -> [Subject]  Info Window, notes, the like.

Info Window, notes, the like.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Deqitosv   USA  (26 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 11 Jul 2005 05:29 AM (UTC)
I like the info bar that sits.. well where we want it, but my problem is that I can't resize it. Then, I'm thinking, okay if I want to send multiple lines use a note window. But if I'm running maximized, it takes over, OR goes into the background and nobody notices it.

Fine, I tell myself, I'll tile the windows and be happy.
But that darned title bar takes up so much space, that tiling isn't worth it. So what do I do?

I don't know.. I want to take tells, put them into a seperate window so, when in a spammy group where I need to do alot, I don't miss them. Info bar made sense, except the resize problem.

Is it possible to make this bar multi-line capable with a world.infobarresize command or something? Or maybe take the title bars off the notepads and have a script command to position them?

Be cool, thanks!

-- Me

Deqitosv
MushClient Plugins for LegendMUD:
http://www.itgotdeleted.com/ (currently offline)

Experiments in Film:
http://www.cookiejarfilms.com/

15, a Parody of 24:
http://www.pkill.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Mon 11 Jul 2005 06:18 AM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 11 Jul 2005 06:20 AM (UTC) by Flannel

There currently are commands to resize them (the notepad windows), and you can also send them to the back (by making the world window active) which will effectively 'hide' the titlebar (behind the world window).

May I also suggest you move the chat window off to the side (presumably the right) if your resolution allows it (since the server probably wraps at 80 anyway).

You can also move the chat window to the top (and I believe you can move the titlebar completely off the top of the screen), and even dynamically resize your world/notepad windows to accomidate whatever recent text you may need.

Personally (if your resolution permits) I use and suggest the side thing, you can resize dynamically via scripting each time you open the world, and it allows you to have a good deal of history still visible as well.

Edit:
There are a couple of threads about this (and other workarounds) including some external programs and the like (and arguments all around on pros and cons of multiline infobars and such), I suggest you peruse them, you might find that the external windows will do the trick for you, or other solutions that might work for you as well.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Larkin   (278 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 11 Jul 2005 11:40 AM (UTC)
Notepad windows are a great tool, and I hope to use them more for showing my status and capturing channels. However, having them all in black and white can be a bit dull. Would it be possible to add color to these windows perhaps?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Mon 11 Jul 2005 07:47 PM (UTC)
You can change the color of the whole window (to make it white on black, or green on blue, or whatever) but no, you cannot color them per line or whatnot. They are only notepads (a text editor doesn't include color information), although concievably, you could do a similar thing with a world window (a second one, obviously) and with some scripting, make it behave like a notepad (which would allow for colors, and possibly more useful, hyperlinks).

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

14,751 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]