[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  stuff

stuff

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Ellissir   (4 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 16 Jan 2002 08:44 PM (UTC)

It's me again...

1) Now I need a no_sleep flag. Can anybody please help how to make a flag for a room? When it is set the player can't sleep or rest in that room. I'm trying to force the players to sleep in inns or their own houses.

2) Can I make a spell/skill which will "tie" a player so he can't move? Can anybody help, please? This spell/skill will by only used by immortals...

3) Is there a bank code? Or I will have to make something like a locker so the players store their coins in a "bank" which is actually a locker?

4) Is there a trigger for mobs which will trigger when a player gives the mob a specified object (for quests or weaponsmiths)?

5) Can I change the maximum vnums? It is somewhere around 32000... I need more. Don't ask anything :))

6) And something funny... How to make a character drunk when he drinks too much alcoholic drinks?

Thanks...

Is anybody interested for developing such, how are they called, snippets's? Please e-mail me....

Ellissir
[Go to top] top

Posted by Cirus   (22 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Fri 07 Mar 2003 02:43 PM (UTC)
ok on questions 4 and 5 I can offer some help
[4.] like I said earlier I have been experimenting with speech prog and it or it dose in swr 1.0 wich is a smaug dirivtive reconigzes emotes in the speech prog so I have been writeing speech progs that have the action in them like so
opedit or rpedit or mpedit add speech <emoted action>

this usualy works for me
hope that helps

[5.] The Below Modification is how I changed my max vnums in my mud hope it works for you

hum I tried pasteing the entire text file here but it was too big

hum here is the address
http://www.alsherok.net/Code/2billion.txt

CiRuS ThE ViRuS
Star Wars Spiral Void
wildcat1245@up-link.net
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Fri 07 Mar 2003 07:14 PM (UTC)

1) Now I need a no_sleep flag. Can anybody please help how to make a flag for a room? When it is set the player can't sleep or rest in that room. I'm trying to force the players to sleep in inns or their own houses.

Not horribly difficult, and you don't necessarily need a no_sleep flag to accomplish this. If you have a house and/or inn room flag of some kind you can just add a check for the room being a house or inn in the do_sleep function.
If you don't have either of those flags its a bit more involved but still nothing impossible to code, though reflaging every room mudwide is gonna be a stone biatch. Search for the locations of an existing room flag, indoors for instance, and add a new flag to the end of the tables it appears in, nosleep or whatever you choose to call it. Then add the same check I talked about a earlier in do_sleep but you check against the room being nosleep and keep them from sleeping there.
Quote:

2) Can I make a spell/skill which will "tie" a player so he can't move? Can anybody help, please? This spell/skill will by only used by immortals...

As far as I know, SMAUG should carry the freeze command as part of its standard command package. If not, you can always just set their movement into heavy -numbers and theyre stuck.
Quote:

3) Is there a bank code? Or I will have to make something like a locker so the players store their coins in a "bank" which is actually a locker?

There are bank codes out there, most of which will need some alteration to work. Check out www.kyndig.com for several bank snipets to work with.
Quote:

4) Is there a trigger for mobs which will trigger when a player gives the mob a specified object (for quests or weaponsmiths)?

Actually, as long as the mprog engine handles it, the GIVE trigger can be triggered by a specific vnum and I've used it for some very ontricate mob driven quests.
Quote:

5) Can I change the maximum vnums? It is somewhere around 32000... I need more. Don't ask anything :))

Again, www.kyndig.com has several versions of this for several codebases, Im sure youll find something to meet your needs.
Quote:

6) And something funny... How to make a character drunk when he drinks too much alcoholic drinks?

Depends on how you intend to implement this one actually. Ive seen several versions on several codebases, some very good, some very cheesy. Kyndig.com has several veriations on this idea as well if you need ideas.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

10,090 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]