[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Odd crash..

Odd crash..

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1  2 

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #15 on Mon 26 Dec 2005 01:21 AM (UTC)
MUSHclient inevitably uses some system DLLs, including the winsock.dll which does the communications.

It is possible the problem is there, and if it is it will appear that MUSHclient has crashed when it is really the DLL. Maybe the crash dialog box would show that, possibly not.

However if your system is generally unstable, and MUSHclient crashes extremely rarely, it might just be your unstable system, and the fact that MUSHclient is a program you use a lot.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #16 on Mon 26 Dec 2005 03:41 AM (UTC)
This is quite probable, which is why I initially suggesting it was a heads up to a possible problem, not a certainty of one. Here is a screen shot of the program crashing today, after using Opera yesterday, then Mushclient for 2-3 hours, then no reboot, then using Mushclient again for 4. The last thing that happened was sending something from the command window. I had to reboot to prevent it crashing again (which it did when I just re-opened it. The system had begun to actually lag at that point from over use. I have been rebooting daily for a few months now because of these problems and no desire to lose anything by accident if I reinstalled.

http://www.geocities.com/shadowfyr2/Junk/musherror.jpg

A quick google search implies that its a COM or OLE automation error or some sort. Though not a known one.

As I suggested, this is probably not a real bug, just my system going from mangled to maimed. :( I thought that might be the case from the start, but wasn't 100% sure, so figured I would mention it here anyway, in case it was a real problem. Sorry I wasn't more clear about that from the start.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #17 on Tue 27 Dec 2005 12:18 AM (UTC)
Yes, I understand that, and thanks for letting me know.

I was just trying to eliminate whether or not MUSHclient did have some problem that was introduced in the latest version.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

42,105 views.

This is page 2, subject is 2 pages long:  [Previous page]  1  2 

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]