[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  Help using ATCP Mapper

Help using ATCP Mapper

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1 2  

Posted by Valeth   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 05 Nov 2012 04:33 AM (UTC)

I'm completely new to Mushclient, and I am trying to use the ATCP Mapper for Achaea, but I don't know how to use it. I installed the plugin and looked at mapper help, but none of it explains how to get it started... I move around and nothing happens. It says:

MUSHclient mapper
Version 2.5
Written by Nick Gammon
Achaea

and it won't change from that. Could someone tell me how to use this thing please? Thanks ^-^
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,985 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 05 Nov 2012 07:17 PM (UTC)
Try contacting Twisol. I think he would be up-to-date with how to get the mapper working on Achaea.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Twisol   USA  (2,257 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Fri 09 Nov 2012 04:22 AM (UTC)
Do you also have the associated core ATCP plugin installed and activated? Also, what URL did you get the plugin(s) from? (There are a few different versions floating around.)

'Soludra' on Achaea

Blog: http://jonathan.com/
GitHub: http://github.com/Twisol
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zimzar   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Wed 02 Jan 2013 02:35 AM (UTC)
Can you help me get it to work for Afterlife mud? My mapper screen looks the same.

MUSHclient mapper
version 2.5
written by Nick Gammon
Afterlife
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Wed 02 Jan 2013 07:25 AM (UTC)
Not all MUDs implement ATCP. Unless Afterlife implements ATCP, and it does so compatibly with Achaea, you won't be able to use the ATCP mapper with Afterlife.

'Soludra' on Achaea

[Go to top] top

Posted by Zimzar   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Wed 02 Jan 2013 07:59 AM (UTC)

Not all MUDs implement ATCP. Unless Afterlife implements ATCP, and it does so compatibly with Achaea, you won't be able to use the ATCP mapper with Afterlife.

thanks Twisol
[Go to top] top

Posted by Cgedd   (3 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #6 on Sat 05 Jan 2013 06:39 PM (UTC)
I'm having the exact same problem - except with Lusternia.

I just get:

MUSHclient mapper
Version 2.5
Written by Nick Gammon
Lusternia

I have the ATCP_Mapper.xml and ATCP_NJG.xml plugins installed and enabled which came with MUSHClient 4.84.

When I move, it doesn't follow - I just see the message above. I tried downloading the map xml data from Lusternia and used the Create_ATCP_Map_Database plugin, which did actually make a large file called lusternia.com_23.db, (about 6mb), but still nothing.

What might I be doing wrong?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,985 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #7 on Sat 05 Jan 2013 08:54 PM (UTC)
The mapper doesn't react until it gets a "room move" ATCP message. Why it isn't reacting I can't say right now. Maybe Twisol can help.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Sun 06 Jan 2013 06:31 AM (UTC)
Any help would be appreciated. The plugin seems to be active... I can issue commands and such, but for anything map related, it tells me that no room is set, and suggests I 'Look'.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Sun 06 Jan 2013 09:01 PM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 07 Jan 2013 08:05 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

OK, I just got it to work. I am away from my usual PC, so I had to try from scratch. I made a new character on Lusternia, and went through the newbie stuff.

I added the ATCP mapper and ATCP_NJG plugins, and initially nothing happened, like you describe.

However the mapper identifies itself to the MUD when you connect, so you must have the plugins installed before connecting. When I disconnected and reconnected it worked and started drawing rooms.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Sun 06 Jan 2013 11:26 PM (UTC)

My plugins:

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #11 on Mon 07 Jan 2013 01:57 AM (UTC)
It looks like it's a compatibility problem with a different plugin I'm using.... When I disable the other plugin, and then log off and reconnect as you suggested, things start working with the mapper.

The plugin that is causing the trouble is AGLua.xml which is part of Avante Garde for Lusternia.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #12 on Mon 07 Jan 2013 06:07 AM (UTC)
It's possible that other plugin switches on GMCP mode rather than ATCP mode. I'm not enough of an expert on IRE MUDs to know how to resolve this. Try asking Twisol, who would probably know.

There may be a GMCP interface to the mapper, quite probably. Not sure where you find that, but asking around on Lusternia would probably get a positive result.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #13 on Tue 08 Jan 2013 10:01 PM (UTC)

Amended on Tue 08 Jan 2013 10:05 PM (UTC) by Twisol

The IRE games will only negotiate either ATCP or GMCP. Whichever protocol receives a DO first wins. In general, unfortunately, that makes ATCP plugins incompatible with GMCP plugins.

Glancing over the AGLua website, it seems likely that they take advantage of GMCP.

'Soludra' on Achaea

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #14 on Wed 09 Jan 2013 02:42 AM (UTC)
Twisol, do you know of a GMCP interface to the mapper? The ATCP interface is pretty tiny, so a GMCP one would probably be very simple do to, I wonder that it doesn't already exist.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

52,006 views.

This is page 1, subject is 2 pages long: 1 2  [Next page]

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]