[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Development
. . -> [Subject]  MUSHCLIENT for linux

MUSHCLIENT for linux

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Foldar   (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 25 Jan 2022 10:25 PM (UTC)

Amended on Tue 25 Jan 2022 11:09 PM (UTC) by Foldar

I don't know if it is possible, but it would be nice if it worked for linux too.
I heard some couldnt get it to work with wine.

People that use Linux can't use cmud, and have to choose between tintin and mudlet.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 26 Jan 2022 05:20 AM (UTC)

Amended on Wed 26 Jan 2022 05:36 AM (UTC) by Fiendish

MUSHclient works flawlessly with Wine. I've exclusively used Wine on both Linux and Mac for developing the Aardwolf MUSHclient Package for more than a decade now.

Quote:
I heard some couldnt get it to work with wine.

People do things wrong all the time. That's really up to the individual. The biggest problem is usually that people are using very old obsolete versions of Wine without knowing or thinking that it matters. Anybody using Linux for their personal computing should be capable of updating their Wine package.

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,982 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Wed 26 Jan 2022 05:36 AM (UTC)
People that use Linux can’t use cmud, and have to choose between tintin and mudlet.

Actually they can also choose MUSHclient. As Fiendish said, it works perfectly with Wine, and he is one of the major developers of plugins for MUSHclient.

I have made the source publicly available, and also make an effort to fix any problems with Wine (I don’t think there have been any for a while).

Make sure you have the latest Wine version (although sometimes the very latest can have teething issues).

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

6,021 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]