[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Area Editor
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Herb and Herbcon

Herb and Herbcon

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Jokerjfu   (19 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 07 Jul 2001 01:38 AM (UTC)
ok in the flag section there is herb and herbcon, what's the difference, the only thing I notice is that under herb it has the catagories

?:
Charge:
Herb#:

And I notice there is a pipe flag under objects too, how do you make it so you can smoke particular herbs because i've made a bar and smoking lounge and so I kind of need to know how to do that.

later
[Go to top] top

Posted by Jokerjfu   (19 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sat 14 Jul 2001 06:14 PM (UTC)
Do you just not bother to answer the forum anymore? This question has been up here for a week or two and a guys above this one was answered first. You could atleast say 'I don't know' and try to redirect me somewhere else, and there has to be someone else out there that knows. Jeez
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,985 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Sat 14 Jul 2001 11:19 PM (UTC)
You can see from my other answers that I answer every day.

I don't know the answer, and I don't know how helpful it is to post a message saying "I don't know the answer to that".

I know quite a few other people who use the forum here do know such answers, I was hoping one of them would reply.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,985 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sat 14 Jul 2001 11:29 PM (UTC)
I've done a search on the Internet, and can't find much more than what is already fairly obvious, they are both types of objects.

I can only guess that herb is a type of skill (see Edit Skills under the skills menu).

As for herbcon, I think it is a container for herbs.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Peregrine   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Sat 21 Jul 2001 06:01 AM (UTC)
I am not sure, but I think that herbs can be smoked in pipes. To do this have a pipe, empty the pipe, fill it with the herb, light it, and smoke it... i think herbcons are containers for holding herbs. And since it is 1:30 im not going to check the source code to see what it does right now like i normally would.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Jennan   Canada  (11 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Wed 06 Aug 2003 05:56 AM (UTC)

Well i have been tackling this little problem for awhile now....and i have some good news :-D

Yup, have made a pipe and have been able to smoke it. I have been using Area Editor 130 and 131.

Fromwhat i have been able to figure out, as long as the pipe is a container and you have a herb you should be fine. As peregrine says above me "To do this have a pipe, empty the pipe, fill it with the herb, light it, and smoke it...", he/she is absolutely right.

Anyways, if you wish it here is the ostat for my pipe;

Name: pipe
Vnum: 2000005 Type: pipe Count: 2 Gcount: 1
Serial#: 1317 TopIdxSerial#: 1317 TopSerial#: 1336
Short description: A handcarved wooden pipe
Long description : A pipe

Wear flags : take hold
Extra flags: clanobject
Magic flags: none
Number: 1/1 Weight: 1/1 Layers: 0 Wear_loc: -1
Cost: 0 Rent: 0 Timer: 0 Level: 1
In room: 0 In object: (none) Carried by: Jennan
Index Values : 10 8 3 2 0 0.
Object Values: 10 0 3 274 0 0.
Primary description keywords: 'pipe'.

Hope this helps.

Jennan

Word of Eyron

Jennan
cleddyf@yahoo.com

World of Eyron
Arch Wizard

Yahoo IM: cleddyf
MSN: cleddyf@telus.net

[Go to top] top

Posted by Jennan   Canada  (11 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #6 on Thu 07 Aug 2003 07:19 AM (UTC)
Thought i would add this as well to this topic, seeing as its kinda important to the whole topic.

When creating the herb object you will notice that when you select the 'stats' tab, look under the values area and you will see a slot listed as 'Herb # '. If you go into your system folder of smaug, you will note a dat file named herbs. Pop that open and you will see a list of 5 actual herbs you can use. take note on each herb look at the 'slot number', this is the number you need to enter into the slot mentioned above (herb#).

Thats it in a nutshell. As, i quoted in my last post about this topic...those are the commands to use the pipe.

If i have been abit vague on this feel free to email me or Im me.

One last thing...in my trails it matters not if your pipe is a container or a herbcon. As long as it can hold the herb it should work.

Jennan
cleddyf@yahoo.com

World of Eyron
Arch Wizard

Yahoo IM: cleddyf
MSN: cleddyf@telus.net

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

17,132 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]