[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  Running the server
. . -> [Subject]  quitting

quitting

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Neves   USA  (78 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 25 Feb 2002 07:59 AM (UTC)
I find that when a player logs off using the 'quit' command they don't get the %%disconnected from server%% message that you do get if I tell the MUD to shutdown or just close it, is there some reason it isn't disconnecting properly?

Thanks,
-Jay
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,989 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 27 Feb 2002 12:49 AM (UTC)
Do you mean you type "quit" or use the "quit" command in MUSHclient (or some other client)?

And is the "%%disconnected from server%%" a client or server message?

Knowing this will help explain. :)

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Wed 27 Feb 2002 07:47 PM (UTC)
Well yes, I mean using it in a MUD client like zMud or gMud, since those when you normally quit a MUD they pick it up and either ask if you want to reconnect, or at least show you as disconnected, but for some reason with SMAUG it doesn't do this, and I was wondering if it was a cygwin component or something.

Thanks,
Jay
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,989 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Wed 27 Feb 2002 09:25 PM (UTC)
Hmmm - I just tested that with SMAUG, freshly recompiled under Cygwin, and I got the message. Here is my log ...

quit
Your surroundings begin to fade as a mystical swirling vortex of colors
envelops your body... When you come to, things are not as they were.

A strange voice says, 'We await your return, Lordrom...'
--- Disconnected on Thursday, February 28, 2002, 8:23 AM ---
--- Connected for 11 seconds ---

The last two lines were output by MUSHclient, which picked up the disconnection.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Thu 28 Feb 2002 01:42 AM (UTC)
Hmm... I just tested it with MUSHclient, and I am not getting it, you used the version of SMAUG that you can download from this page?

Jay
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Thu 28 Feb 2002 02:55 AM (UTC)
I am using the SMAUG from this site with MXP added (not that MXP should make any difference), file http://www.gammon.com.au/files/smaug/smaug1.4a_mxp.tgz.

I compiled under Cygwin and executed on NT 4.

I used MUSHclient 3.17.

After connecting I typed "quit" into SMAUG.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Sun 03 Mar 2002 01:39 AM (UTC)
As far as I can tell I did the same, could it be a cygwin component I am missing?

Jay
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Sun 03 Mar 2002 07:07 AM (UTC)
It might just be a timing thing. After quitting the server will drop the connection. If it does it quickly enough the client will report the dropped connection.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Sun 03 Mar 2002 09:21 AM (UTC)
So basically since the computer I am running the MUD on is slow, the MUD client isn't picking up that it quit?

Jay
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Mon 04 Mar 2002 05:12 AM (UTC)
I'm not saying that exactly, but if it works for me, but not for you, and you are using the same version of everything, it could just be an OS or timing issue.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Lobonegro   (6 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #10 on Fri 22 Mar 2002 08:05 AM (UTC)
I have both, the original src and a src modified and translated for me, the original src have the quit perfect, but when i quit whit the file modified give me the same error.

The problem could be whit the translation ?

Sorry for me english.
Thanks for all.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #11 on Sat 23 Mar 2002 02:22 AM (UTC)
Probably the modifications, not the translation, but yes.

It is hard to support the code once you have changed it.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

27,100 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]