[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUDs
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Copy/pasting portion of text on screen for triggers?

Copy/pasting portion of text on screen for triggers?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Yezrah   (4 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 24 Feb 2018 12:55 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 24 Feb 2018 03:34 AM (UTC) by Yezrah

I am a very simple scripter, and I don't have a lot of knowledge. I mostly copy/paste lines to set triggers, and send response.

If I have on my game...

You kill an ugly brutish orc.

next time, it might be

You kill a yellow green orc
You kill a smelly brown orc
You kill a grinning stupid orc

I would like to send a command after killing the mob i'm hunting which is orcs.... But I don't know how to copy/paste just the portion...

if (you kill isin $1-) && (orc isin $1-) { timer 1 1 sockwrite -n client.sock loot all }

I know this scripting language above, I don't know what it's called. I learned to write it myself, by reading it on a client i used call mIRC for The Eternal City mud..... and I can write scripts on that, but that mIRC client doesn't connect to this mud i'm playing on Mushclient... (or at least, I dont know how to get it to...)

But anyways, Mushclient is great....

Just want to know how to make "You kill" as the trigger to "loot all"

It only seems to really work as a trigger when I copy/paste the entire line with the period and all.....

Yea, I found a great post on this forum site about using wild cards, but the lesson didn't teach you could use them in that manner also... But that's cool. TY.
I'd like to find that forum post about wildcards again, but i can't find it through searching "wildcards" on forum search... last time i read that post, it was because another mud gamer shared the link to the post with me.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,982 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 24 Feb 2018 12:59 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 24 Feb 2018 01:20 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

You kill *

Or if it is orcs you are after:

You kill * orc

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

9,183 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]