[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUDs
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Playing Muds through a firewall?

Playing Muds through a firewall?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1  2 

Posted by Robert Powell   Australia  (367 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #15 on Thu 23 Sep 2004 10:23 AM (UTC)
Even if you were able to get away out, you would still be in breach of your User Policy and if caught most likely to loose internet use and possibly suspention if your user policy is anything like that my kid has at highschool.

I know this doesnt help you but it might be easier just to get some other internet connecion to your room.

Just a guy having a bit of fun. Nothing more, nothing less, I do not need I WIN to feel validated.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Will Sayin   USA  (17 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #16 on Sun 14 Aug 2005 06:22 AM (UTC)
http://www.mosha.net/01-telnet-gateway/telnet.shtml

This might work.

Will Sayin
Developer, Legends of the Darkstone
www.darkstonemud.com:5432
[Go to top] top

Posted by Erviin   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #17 on Wed 09 Jan 2008 05:52 PM (UTC)
Ok, I know this is an old thread, but I just stumbled on this post today. I am a registered user of MUSHClient, and I've been using Cliser for quite some time now.
In case anyone out there still needs help with cliser here are the steps:
1. you go to:
http://www.mosha.net/01-telnet-gateway/register.html

2. there you register, to register, you provide a valid email address, and you fill in the address and the port of the server to wich you want to be able to connect. you can put up to 3 different servers.it is VERY important that you register from the machine from wich you will later use cliser to conect. the cliser registration process automatically obtains the address of yoru ISP and onlly allows connection FROM that ISP to the servers you fill in.

3. the Cliser ID is sent to you to the email addy you provided.

4. You download cliser

5. you edit the cliser ini file and in the last line put your ID, the file is pretty much self explanatory, you need not chane anythign else in the file.

6. you open a command promt or DOS window and execute cliser with a line that looks like this:
cliser proxy proxyport remoteserver remoteport nnnn

where proxy is your porxy server, you can get this fromthe internet explorer internets options in the connections tab.
proxyport is obviously the port, you can get this from the same place. usually 8080.

remoteserver is the addres you want to connect to. or the name.

remoteport is the port of the MUD/MUSH etc.

nnnn is a 4 digits number I'd suggest between 2000 and 3000

once that is done you open mushclient and connect to localhost on port nnnn where nnnn is the number you provided.

that should do it.

hope it's usefull to someone.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Erviin   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #18 on Wed 09 Jan 2008 05:55 PM (UTC)
BTW, I must add that I've used Cliser from behind extremely secured firewalls and tight connection policys.
Cliser apparently encripts everything and so far, it's proveed undetectable to the places I've used it from.

Connection Freedom to the World!!!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,982 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #19 on Wed 09 Jan 2008 08:51 PM (UTC)
Thanks for that information. I have added a link to this page from my page about resolving connection problems:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=8369

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Sikniks   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #20 on Wed 16 Jan 2008 08:02 PM (UTC)
I'm timing out when I try to register the site I want for cliser, this usual?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Bluesgirl   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #21 on Fri 25 Jan 2008 06:13 PM (UTC)
Do you know if it takes them a while to give you an ID? I've registered yesterday but still no ID was emailed to me. I've even checked my junk mail folder.

For instance, I know that we are behind a sort of proxy. We have private ips for the network and we all go outside with one IP (probably the one you'd see here). I know the IP of the proxy but I dont know the port. I've checked my internet settings but there's nothing there.

Any ideas?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Bluesgirl   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #22 on Tue 29 Jan 2008 05:11 PM (UTC)

I was a bit impatient I guess.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Viviflex   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #23 on Tue 15 Jul 2008 02:39 PM (UTC)
I downloaded cliser / got my ID / know how it works.

The problem is my work doesn't give admin accounts so I can't access the internet options to show me my proxy server in IE. Additionallyk, sites such as my-proxy.com are almost all blocked, and the ones which are not return my proxy address as "elite proxy" or "highly anonymous proxy"

Is there any way for me to find out what my proxy is...or change it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,982 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #24 on Tue 15 Jul 2008 09:03 PM (UTC)
Sounds like your work doesn't want you to play games at work.

I doubt if you can do much, their system administrators probably know all the proxy server addresses. They may also log what goes through them. If they see thousands of entries in the log which look like "go north, kill monster", you may soon find yourself looking for a different job.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Viviflex   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #25 on Wed 16 Jul 2008 02:00 PM (UTC)
well, I think this ridiculous security is mostly for the other people I work with because I'm just summer interning here - they only give me about 2-3 hours of work a day max and then expect me to "occupy myself." I guess I'll go back to reading or playing spider solitaire.

thanks anyway though!
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

80,877 views.

This is page 2, subject is 2 pages long:  [Previous page]  1  2 

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]